17" VS 18" RIMS?????

KENC

ISDC Club Member
Whats the story with fitting 18" rims on a classic?? 2dr sti. what profile tyre can you use without rubbing and whats story with lowering it on 18"s??

She'd almost certainly handle better on 17s, a bit of give in the tyres for our harsh bumpy road surfaces!
18s would look cooler, but more buckled rims and priceier tyres
Dan

I imagine that would depend on the offset of the wheels and the width of the tyres!
Dan

dnt mind passenger thing as we dont like them guys :new_2gunsfiring_v1: fok em out iys faster that way :icon_grin: rite so on the 215 35 18, any scrub?? were you lowerd?? if so just springs or coilovers??

There's a thread on this somewhere recently. Have a look there for comments.

16's or 17's on a classic. 18's are too big.
Even with 17's you have to drop to 215's to stop rubbing.

[quote author=dohcturbo link=topic=10828.msg129463#msg129463 date=1226917360]
well im lowerd on ohlin coilovers on a set of 18s with 215s and even with passengers, theres no rubbing.

[/quote]
i agree with dohcturbo you need coilovers for 18s on a classic impreza no problems carrying passengers :thumbsup:

she just standard sti, i would like to lower it, dnt really want coil overs. but i do understand that coil overs and just lowering springs are two different things, so wud i be right in saying 18s and lowering springs would be a no go??

Lads it's down to the width of the rim. 7x18" would have no hastle fitting with out rubbing but most 18" rims start as 7.5x18's but they can be got. 7.5's will defo rub unless you use 215 35's. The likes of 18" Speedlines are a defo no no as their mostly 8x18" which always rub but I think Rota do a 7x18 rim.

I think I know were there is a freshly refurbed set of 7x18" OZ superlaggeras, I nearly bought them but being 7" wide they wouldn't go over my brakes!
If you get whiteline camber adjustment kit, front and rear then you can adjust the camber better to avoid rubbing and setup your geometery
Dan

Back