1984 20v AE86, Huge Spec (Px/swap for Sti type R)

T

Trixta

Alright I'm new to the site people but have basically signed up as I hope to have as my next car an STI Type R. I just need something a bit more sensible and comfortable to drive everyday as I just cant afford to have two cars anymore. So I'd be very interested in doing a deal for a type R (preferably black) but all Part exchanges considered. So heres my add:

I never thought it would come to this but sadly I have to put my pride and joy up for sale. Reasons outside my control force a very regrettable sale. I'm a huge AE86 enthusiast and this is my second levin, but most certainly wont be my last as I'll definately get one again in the future.

Its a 1984 AE86 Levin fitted with the bulletproof low mileage 20v Blacktop 4A-GE from a 98 Levin BZR (rather than standard 16v) imported to Ireland from Japan 1yr ago (was a demo car for a tuning company). I purchased the car back in April and I have to say that the car continues to put a huge smile on my face every time I drive it. No expense has been spared in maintaining and servicing the car, and every part purchased has been of the highest quality as can be seen in the spec list and receipts.

It handles and drives superbly, and a laptime of 1.06 on the Mondello National Track (with a complete novice at the helm) is a huge testiment to that. I have taken the car to 2 trackdays and also at Japfest, and on each occasion (as some members on here can testify to, as witnesses or passengers) the car not only performed very well but also never gave me even one problem, even with a round trip to Galway in the same day.

In my opinion the sound of a high-reving N/A car with individual throttle bodies is as good as it gets, and with the combination of good power, the TRD gearset and the 4.8 Final drive it certainly is far from slow.

I have an everyday car also which I use to travel to work/college so the Levin has generally been stored in the garage, and only taken out on special occasions.

And so onto the Long spec list:

Engine & Exhaust:
1.6 20v Blacktop 4A-GE
Individual Throttle Bodies
Dizzy Relocation Kit
Water Relocation Kit
Toda Cams
Toda Adjustable Cam Gears
TIG Welded 4-1 Manifold
Cat-back Exhaust System
Front Mounted Oil Cooler
Oil Filter Relocation Kit
GRP4 Performance Oil Catch Tank
Ultra Leads
Ultra Direct Ignition System
Ultra Coilpacks
Ultra F.S.D (Fire Sequence Determination Unit)
Earthing Kit
TRD Rad Cap

Drivetrain:
4.778 Final Drive
TRD Gear Set
Competition Spec 2-Way LSD (unsure of Brand)
A/M Clutch

Electrics:
Freedom ECU
Standard Dash Replaced with Gauges and Digital Speedo
Interior Kill switch (great security device)

Suspension and Handling:
Seam Welded
Cusco Coilovers and Adjustable Topmounts with Uprated Springs (Front)
TRD Blue 8-Way Adjustable Shocks with Uprated Springs (Rear)
Adjustable Panhard Rod
All Suspension Fully Rosejointed
Anti-Tramp Bars
Extra Lock Kit
GAB Front Strut Brace
Black Diamond Grooved and Cross Drilled Brake Discs front and Rear
Mintex M1155 Front Pads and Project Mu D1 Spec Rear Pads
Goodridge Braided Brake Lines
GRP4 Perfomance Hydraulic Handbrake

Exterior:
14" Super-wide RS8 Watanabes with Yokohama A048 Trackday Tyres
Mercury R Front Bumper
Mercury R Side Skirts
Mercury R Rear Diffuser matched to Standard Rear Bumper
Origin 20mm Wider Vented Front Arches
Origin 35mm Wider Rear Arches
Jubiride Rear Spoiler
Fibreglass Rear Boot Lid
Carbon Fibre Bonnet
Smoked Whiteline Rear Lights
Smoked Front Indicators
HID Super White Front Lights
Rear Three Windows Tinted

Interior:
All Sound Deadening Stripped
Rear Interior, Carpet, and Roof Lining Removed (Have rear seats, carpet etc, though)
Full Cusco Roll Cage with Additional Bars
Sparco Fixed Bucket Seat
Sparco Steering Wheel
Sparco 4-Point Harness
Momo Gear Knob

Car is 100% Rust free, and any inspection/compression tests are very welcome.

Price: 12,000ono

Pics (only really have ones that other people have taken of it as I'm terible with a camera):
SNV30728.jpg

P1030547.jpg

DSCF3931.jpg

DSCF4039.jpg

DSCF1098.jpg

Any questions or queries I'd be more than happy to answer.

Cheers,
Brian

What a beauty that is.

Big fan of AE86s.

Best of luck with the sale.

Cheers lads! I have to say that although I like alot of cars with a passion, like Rx7s, Skyline GTRs, and even STI Type Rs, I dont think I'll ever love a car as much as an AE86. And its good to see I'm not being shunned anyway lol:D! I actually drove this into the carpark (absolutely filthy at the time) where all the ISDC crowd were gathering before Japfest. Never felt so out of place lol!! But the club looked very organised and well run.

It was imported by Pro Imports in Kerry, and went for pretty ridiculous money to be honest origionally.

i was thinking, hes a dear fecker, but has some nice cars.
he had another tin can for 15grand, think it was a blue one last year.

That is some spec sheet mate!! Remember drooling over it at Japfest until the woman dragged me away!! :lol:

Good luck with the sale and the type r if it goes to plan! :thumbsup: :subaru:

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=10739.msg127845#msg127845 date=1226355055]
Still has it on the site

http://www.pro-imports.ie/toyota/ae86/gt_coupe.shtml

[/quote]
And alot added to it since then. I have a project thread of all the parts (with pics of them in their boxes) on other forums, which I can show to any prospective buyer as proof. Most of the parts have not even 1,000 miles on them I'd say. Also the interior looks a good bit better lol:D, that red steering wheel :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Jaaaaaayssssuuuuussss! :shock2: :shock2: :shock2: That's gorgeous! I want it.... but can't afford it! :doh: :icon_sad:

Big fan of AE86's... Planning to have one in my line up of cars some day!!! :pray:

Best of luck with sale and in finding a Type R!!! :thumbsup: :subaru:

Good man brian!

Serious piece of kit this, I fortunately got a spin out in this before and it is phenominal how much grip and presence this car has on track! Lovely machine.

Best of luck with it

Back