Exhaust

MrMagoo

Middle Lane Hogs
Hey lads

I have a very quiet Jasma exhaust on my 94 WRX, but i also have a large HKS backbox in my Garage, if i fit it will it make the burble louder??
Good and bad sides to this mod please??

Eoin :worship:

It should definitely be louder, yes, try it - at least you can switch back if it's too loud. It's only a half hour job.

Welcome aboard Eoin :thumbsup:

Paulo

[move] :subaru: [/move]

Just go the whole hog and take the cat's out and put on the jap back-box. Mine is loud and have it like that a while and even on long drives i don't get p*ssed off with it. You can't beat the noise it makes !!

It will defo defo defo make it louder. A HKS Backbox on should be louder then most systems. As in magnex defo. Prob as loud as full mongoose system.

howdy folks, sorry if im hi-jacking the thread here (sorry Eoin) but im just wondering if anyone has fitted a hayward and scott hi-flow cat - are they any use? As in will they still pass NCT? I think theyre a 100 cel compared to like 600 cel genuine..OR, say if I keep the front cat and fit a H&S de-cat pipe 2 would it still pass? Thanks guys

Derek

As far as I know they do but its still a cat :p Take it off and re fit at nct time.

I could do that but Im laaaayzzzeeeeee :lol: yeah i prob will. got a nur spec back box winging its way from England as we speak :)

[quote author=Scoobydiver link=topic=180.msg1017#msg1017 date=1155837467]
howdy folks, sorry if im hi-jacking the thread here (sorry Eoin) but im just wondering if anyone has fitted a hayward and scott hi-flow cat - are they any use? As in will they still pass NCT? I think theyre a 100 cel compared to like 600 cel genuine..OR, say if I keep the front cat and fit a H&S de-cat pipe 2 would it still pass? Thanks guys

Derek
[/quote]

the way i do it, is to keep the centre cat handy, then just fire it in for the test if needed. I'd reckont he centre section is alot easier to take on and off than the downpipe :)

Thats what I do but I have a BPM High flow cat centre section i PUT in. I dident think they would pass the car wih only centre cat. The Jap ones dont have a cat in the centre just a resanator and cat in down pipe ???? Then the UK one has the cat in centre and down pipe I THINK.

my NCT is due in October but gonna see about getting it ASAP , how long b4 the due date should i put the cat and centre section back in. And should i put back on original back-box aswell .

Right lads

Ive decided to fit the new one and listen how nice the burble is! Trouble is im an impatient git and i want it done Saturday!
Anybody know anyone in the Cork area that will do this!!

Thanks

Jack her up and get the hands dirty, took me bout an hour to replace centre section and back-box

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=180.msg1107#msg1107 date=1155897882]
Thats what I do but I have a BPM High flow cat centre section i PUT in. I dident think they would pass the car wih only centre cat. The Jap ones dont have a cat in the centre just a resanator and cat in down pipe ???? Then the UK one has the cat in centre and down pipe I THINK.
[/quote]
Renno, where did you get your cat? would it pass the nct with it in do you think?

Back