STI Version 5 Type R *sold*

V

Vans

Sold

Late 1998 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Version 5 Type R:

Car is immaculate so looking For €17,000 or very nearest offer.

Vans

Re: Blue STI Ver 5 Type R V limited

Seen your car at one of the meet's very clean car best of luck with the sale.. :thumbsup:

Sorry Vans just seen this post
unfortunitly i don't have any pic's
but i remember your car allright.

It's a lovely motor :thumbsup:

Niall.

Please let me know what do members think of the price i am selling my V Limited Type R STI for  ?

If you buy a jap import which has not been registered in ireland before you would have to factor in costs like servicing, timing belt replacement, NCT and Road Tax which are well over a 1000 euro :eek:mg: my car has all of the above.

Regards,
Vans

I got my Dec 1998 Version 5 limited type R from southside automotive in june for 16,000. They did the belt and full service for me but I spent 1000 on alarm and 350 or what ever it is for 6 mts tax. They have come down a lot in value all of a sudden for some reason.  Whoever buys your car still needs to spend 1000+ on ECU and remap.
Although the piston rings went on mine It was still a cheap car as they wouldn't have known that was going to happen.

550 for years tax on mine. :( And ive also noticed a decrease in value of the v5 also. Suppose though its another year old

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=1185.msg12551#msg12551 date=1170715041]
550 for years tax on mine. :( And ive also noticed a decrease in value of the v5 also. Suppose though its another year old
[/quote]

I only got 6 months tax. Lucky eonugh... The car was only on the road for about 2!! :angry: :angry: I was not impressed!!!!

Lol dont worry it happened to me also, my clutch went 3 weeks after it came off the boat. Brought it in myself so couldnt blame a garage. cost me 1700 to fix (few other minor problem also, timing belts and mid shaft seals where knackard)

We have very expensive hobbies!! :D I can never sell mine! Stands me too much!!! :shock:
Not that I would want to get rid of her anyway!! :oops: :lol:

Also u wont make back the money u spend on them, and u wont get a better/equal car for the same value. Nearly got rid of mine on the weekend but decided i couldnt part with it.

I'd say 17k is a bit on the steep side. I sold my 2003 wrx SL with 76k miles for 23,000 and it had lots of extras inc an Andy Forrest Remap and TD 04 hybrid turbo. I'd say if you got 15k you'd be doing well but if you need to really shift her you wont have done bad at 14K, after all its now 9 years old and there is are are Irish 01 STI's available for not a lot more money I'm afraid and then there's always the temptation of the Dark Side.

Frawls

Hi Vans how many mile's on the car, has it any history?

Thanks for the info lads.

Pictures of Interior & Engine Bay:

Vans

Just wondering what people r actually getting for them. No point in saying they r going for x amount and people get a lot more or less...

Back