Octane Boostaholics
Quick guide to changing the green bulbs to blue led's
Cost: €4.77
Difficulty 1/5
Time: 15 minutes
4 LED's needed and a screwdriver set :thumbsup:

Before
P051108_2001.jpg

Open out the cup holder and remove the two screws.

Removescrews.jpg

Remove the cup holder by pulling out then up a bit as there is a bit of plastic underneath. Extend the money change compartment thingy :tongue: And put a flat head screw driver in behind the center console face. Turn the flat head a bit to pop out the face. Do this slowly and each side a bit at a time. the top will just clip out. There are also 2 clips each side at the bottom which will come out with some carefull pulling.

flathead.jpg

Once you have the front off it will look like the photo below. The circled items are the bulbs. They look like philips screws. Remove these with a 1/4 of a turn. A small flat head will help pull them out

backofbulbs.jpg

Once the bulbs are out just replace them with the LED's which I bought here http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=200263836414
The T4 are the ones you need. If the LED's dont work just take them out and rotate 180 degrees and put back in. Do each led one by one and test them after you fit each one :thumbsup: Put everything back the way it came out :smile:
Summary: Happy enough. They are not perfect but alot better than before. Cheap mod. Brighter led's would be better. Heard these fade so I'll wait and see :thumbsup:

P051108_201602.jpg

P051108_201701.jpg

Alot of people have problems with the clocks as they end up bright in one spot and dull in another. Im keeping an eye on it to see if someone comes up with a perfect solution

Thats the way mine went Kanye so Im changing mine back to the green.

I wish someone would make EL dials for the Jap STI, now that would be nice.

got my led's this mornin , 5 min to install , :dance:

improves look straight away , cant wait til it gets dark , :icon_headbang:

good find mr.west , karma in the post :xmas_cheers:

:subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

Maybe Im just thick, but when I got the console face off, I didnt know what to do next??? There were 2 philips screwdrivers holding the heater controls in place, removed these aswell!!! Havent a clue where the bulbs are??? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:. Id imagine that the process would be the same for nearly all models yeah, coz i followed it to a tee... :wall: :wall:

Jonnie

If your dash looks the same as mine it should be the same. I circled the 4 things i had to screw out that held in the bulbs.

backofbulbs.jpg

@kayne ,how long have u got them , any signs of fading ?? are you gonna do the speedo/rev counter, wonder is it a dash out job ??

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=10642.msg143300#msg143300 date=1231777007]
@kayne ,how long have u got them , any signs of fading ?? are you gonna do the speedo/rev counter, wonder is it a dash out job ??
[/quote]

Have them done since November 5th when I posted the thread. No sign of fade yet. Dont think its too big of a job to change the dash bulbs but the problem is that the speedo comes out bright in one spot and dull in another. There are threads on NASIOC on it

has any1 changed speedo bulbs i had clocks out today cant see the bulbs in it anywere even after opening it

Back