Fuel tank size?

M

Matt

Anybody know the size of the Tank in a V5 Sti Type R?
Curious so i have a better idea when im running low on petrol.
The Guage was just about touching the Empty line when i filled up the other day and it took 47 Litres to fill right upto the brim.

Cheers Andy
I was close enough to gettin stranded then. Went to sutton to get E5 petrol, only to find the station closed down for renovations.
Nearly shat myself cos the guage had never been that low and i had to find the next nearest station. :thumbsup:

They have all the same issue: A relatively small 50l tank :thumbsup:

I whish Subaru would build in larger tanks. Even the Legacy has just a 50l tank I think :icon_jook:

Akki

Same thing nearly happened to me Matt. I drove past 3 stations with the empty light on to get to a Maxol that was closed! hahaha

I think newer models have 60L tanks except Spec C's and the like.
Weight saving i suppose. Felt like i had a fat fecker in the seat behind me once i filled up :thumbsup:

Love that Maxol petrol
My car is mapped for 95 plus half a bottle of Lucas but i swear it runs far better with maxol and booster.
Much smoother and better throttle response. Eats the revs :whistle:

Got stranded on he M1 in the STi typeRA I had. Same thing thought I had more then I had.

Cheers.
Usually fill up at about the quarter mark. Start gettin nerveous after that as you know how fast the dial falls when your havin fun :icon_lol:

I had that last Sunday. I was going down to Cashel and in Abeyleix I thought, next Maxol is mine.... :boohoo:

I think I never saw that many Topaz fillingstations as down there in Tipperary :icon_hang:

Finally I had to put some juice into the tank. The warning light was already on for quite some miles so I put som Esso into her and a cap Octane Boost.

On my way back I found a Maxol in Kilkenny and refilled there. As soon as the tank was full, I saw 3 Maxols on my way back to Dublin :mooner:

Akki

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=10622.msg126249#msg126249 date=1225836961]
Got stranded on he M1 in the STi typeRA I had. Same thing thought I had more then I had.
[/quote]

The M1 ist the place to be when out of petrol or in trouble.
My Rad went just after gettin on the M1 in January. Limped it home on a bottle of Volvic i had in the car.
I remember when i was using my car to get to work everyday i was filling up 3 times a week. Painful

[quote author=Matt link=topic=10622.msg126231#msg126231 date=1225836174]
Anybody know the size of the Tank in a V5 Sti Type R?
Curious so i have a better idea when im running low on petrol.
The Guage was just about touching the Empty line when i filled up the other day and it took 47 Litres to fill right upto the brim.
[/quote]

60l

The Legacys, well B4's, have a 64L tank! Trust me, you don't want a bigger one, costs too much to fill and she uses it just as quick!! :icon_sad:

howya Matt, I always fill up at Artane shoppin centre... much handier than Sutton, failing that , Richmond road :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Maxol in Sutton / Baldoyle.. Could it be changing to Topaz? Like the bleedin rest of them! I went there the other nite to try E5 (im mapped for 95) and as you say Matt its closed for renovations.. My mates uncle owns that place, il have to find out...

The maxol in artane is always about 3-4 cents cheaper than the one in sutton and topaz are rebranding the statoil and shell petrol stations not maxols. I think the b4 have 50lt tanks but it just drinks fuel so it never going to be big enough.

Back