Lambda Sensor for bugeye WRX

mack

ISDC Club Member
HI All.

Check Engine light came on in my car on monday eve :icon_confused:, so parked up the car until yesterday evening and got a diagnostics carried out and is giving an error code of "POO31" (Sens.circ.heat.B1 S1)
This is the front Lambda/oxygen sensor.
the Subaru part no. is 22641AA042.
What my query is : is this genuine sensor manufacturer by Denso and is it's manufacturer part no. is 234-9011.
I can get denso sensor for less than half the price of the main stealer

Any help would be great cos I'm starting to miss the car now and want to get back on the road :thumbsup:

Regards
Mack

Hi Mack
Is this the lambda sensor on the downpipe?
I replaced this last year on my Type R.
Involves removing the turbo heat shield which was tricky.
All you need to do is find out how many wires your sensor has and get one in the motor factors.
Mine was a 3 wire Sensor. 2 white and 1 black i think it was.
Then all you do is cut the cables close to the old sensor that your removing so you keep the length on them and join the new sensor wires to the ones you just cut.
You'll need to dissconnect car battery after and perform an ecu reset to allow car to work with the new sensor :thumbsup:

HI Matt

This one is on the headers as far as I know, different layout in the newage.
It's a 4 wire sensor, come with the right connector and all.
Just don't want to get one thats not as good as the OEM. and have hassle with emissions and how the car runs
http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=7318.0;highlight=lambda

OEM from subaru dealer inc club disc €432
Denso from UK €200ish

HMMMmm :ponder:

Mack

I cant remember the make of mine but it was 90euro.
Passed the nct a month ago anyway.
But your right wanting the best for your car, but im sure the Denso from the uk will be well upto the oem quality part.

the one on the headers is an air/fuel sensor.... the lambda on a bug is still on the downpipe but its further down underneath the car... both sensors look the same as does the plug but the have a differant fitment so as not to mix them up... both are made by denso.

would advise you not to go spurious mate!!!
much dearer for oem but better quality part IMO....
had trouble over the years with going the cheaper route for customers and then haven the face eaten off me when occasionally fail nct!!!!!
worth shopping around for stuff in uk...robbin bastids over here!!!
good luck lad

Yeah id go for that one for sure. Same as oem part by the looks of things with the proper connector on it too

Back