Revs

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hello Everybody I drive a Legacy GT Turbo 2004 and I was wondering if you can help me while my car is ticking over every so ofter there is a small jump in revs like as if you switched on th eair-con can anybody help and could it be the begaining of a more serious issue Thanks John L.

Not sure if the legacy suffers the same problem but on an impreza when the car is hunting at idle its generally caused by a faulty maf - a few mechanics on here anyway, I'm sure someone will clarify for you.

I had a similar problem on my old Impreza. Replaced the MAF and it did the trick.

Regards,
Steve

get a diagnostic done. Maf's are about 120 euro i think. 5 min jog to fix. maybe take out your existing maf and if its filthy give it a clean with some electrical contact cleaner, may just be dirty :ponder2:

[quote author=johnjoe64 link=topic=10384.msg123383#msg123383 date=1224765663]
Where on the engine is it
[/quote]

On Impreza's it is just before the air filter. Might be the same in Legacy's.

Regards,
Stephen.

Depending on what model Impreza you drive MAF's can be expensive
i persume (don't know) it's the same for Legacy's they can go up to €300 .

and a diagnostic, dose not always show the fault :hammerhead:

If you can a find a member or buddy with the same car just swap for 5 mins .

They simply plug in and out 2min job :thumbsup:

Niall.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=10384.msg123366#msg123366 date=1224762373]
get a diagnostic done. Maf's are about 120 euro i think. 5 min jog to fix. maybe take out your existing maf and if its filthy give it a clean with some electrical contact cleaner, may just be dirty :ponder2:
[/quote]

unless u have an 02 bug eye sti €500!!!! argggggggg

i have a spare maf here for a legacy if you want to rule it out. its the type that has a diamond shape mounting plate thats held in place by two torc screws just after the airbox.
ive included a pic of its location on my leggy but yours might be differant

sparkplug011-1.jpg

Thats Great where in Dublin are you I live in Westmeath But im from North Dublin Coolock boy I cant seem to open the picture but maybe we could meet up some weekend Rgs John L.

Back