What is needed to reach the 380-400bhp mark @wheels

Allot more than a fuel pump to get those figures mate. Start with a basic pack and work from there. Fuel pump, decat, remap...

Then if your not happy, move onto bigger things, turbo etc...

Regards,
Stephen.

Wot turbo would be suitable for that kind of power going to get the simtek ecu anyway

Your better off contacting one of the traders here for a chat mate. Dave in STi Tuning, Damo in Street Performance etc.... Just have a look at the bottom on the forum for the list.

As above, lots of money for 400 ponnies........

Regards,
Stephen.

once you go over 350ish, you will need to upgrade the gearbox too, clutch, fuel pump, garrett turbo of some sort, larger injectors, FMIC, cold air intake, straight through exhaust system, im sure there is more

remap(ecutek/simtek)
decat downpipe
straight through centre section
uprated fuel pump
3 port boost solenoid

would probably see you to about 300-310 @ the flywheel

400 @ wheels would be about 480-ish @ the fly

Crazy!

[quote author=Echo link=topic=10350.msg122908#msg122908 date=1224623108]
remap(ecutek/simtek)
decat downpipe
straight through centre section
uprated fuel pump
3 port boost solenoid

I can do that
Altezza-Dan i think you where saying it was hard to get the parts for exhust try here http://www.tuningspec.com/usd/produ...y/v3_showall.asp?Category_Name=Exhaust System
[/quote]

thanks for the link but only 1 downpipe listed from Zero sports and they are crazy expensive. about 800euro! you get a full custom made system for a lot less than that i might have to end up going for

I think your first port of call would be to check with someone like davelegacy to find out the safe power limit of your engine and gearbox,
Either way as Dan says just breathing mods fuel pump and map for the time being,
Untill you can throw €8-9000 at an engine build, and another €5-6000 at a suitable turbo and supporting mods! to get 480hp and about €2-3000 for a gearbox that can cope!
That's all,
Dan

i think your better off de-catting from turbo back first as the factory downpipe is the main restriction. remove that and your turbo your spool up quicker and will be much freer flowing. remap needed of course to avoid the boost spikes. factory headers are made of high temp resistant plastic which is actually good at heat soak, i'd say the stainless steel manifold would give off a lot more heat into the engine bay, not sure how that would affect performance, but if its unequal length headers, you will get that lovely boxer rumble that the GT lacks. my mate has thrown 19 grand into an altezza to get 400bhp and its still not finished!

@echo

your car runs a td0304hla twin scroll turbo which has great response but in fact is even smaller then wat was in a 99/00 uk classic impreza.

this turbo only good to flow about 290-300bhp at fly wheel and thats with all your above mods at about 1.5 bar.

figure of 480bhp at the flywheel would cost near enough the cars current value to be honest.

engine safe for 350bhp mark long term. clutch ok for 330bhp or so....

So as you can see its an engine out job..

big list. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=10350.msg122943#msg122943 date=1224625953]
i think your better off de-catting from turbo back first as the factory downpipe is the main restriction. remove that and your turbo your spool up quicker and will be much freer flowing. remap needed of course to avoid the boost spikes. factory headers are made of high temp resistant plastic which is actually good at heat soak, i'd say the stainless steel manifold would give off a lot more heat into the engine bay, not sure how that would affect performance, but if its unequal length headers, you will get that lovely boxer rumble that the GT lacks. my mate has thrown 19 grand into an altezza to get 400bhp and its still not finished!
[/quote]

my advice is to change the turbo and NOT de-cat her..

We can bring her to her clutch and engine limit whilst still being eco and NCT friendly........... :thumbsup:

Was looking at clutches there not a crazy price but the drivablity and that might be a prob, it seems 350 is the number then, what would be the turbo to go for then

Good organic clutch would be normal enough feel!
What ever dave says regarding the turbo will be the right job!
350 genuine and safe bhp is a very very fast car!
Dan

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=10350.msg122949#msg122949 date=1224626613]
:dance:
my advice is to change the turbo and NOT de-cat her..

We can bring her to her clutch and engine limit whilst still being eco and NCT friendly........... :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Tree hugging hippy!!

will chat to you about this option tomorrow :dance:

@ECHO

we do a custom ST-375-TS twin scroll garret internal conversion turbo based on a impreza sti twin scroll turbo.

On your model an organic upgrade would retain factory feel and would be able to handle the power.

Back