Headlights on JDM

RudeBoy

Petrolheads
Hi,

are headlights on JDMs different from UK ones?
I just failed NCT on dip beam correction - they say they're dipping to the right - like continetnal ones?
That would be really strange and actually I bought the car with those lights... and it passed tests twice before :)
I'm really confused - have to go to the garage once again for a setting...

Fortunately this and incorrect number plates :) without blue stripe :) are the only "fail's" :)

cheers

they drive on the same side of the road as us, so i dont understand that unless they were from USDM car.....
:ponder2: :ponder2:

Hm... have to check that anyway.
Maybe you're right about the money making.
Anyway I'm happy it's just the lights and plates (the most funny part of nct, blah)

mine was the same, just off the boat from japland. had to get a right hand drive one.
its for sale there if you want it :icon_grin:

One of the lads had this problem last year and got it sorted.Turns out there is a switch some where that has to be moved to the other side other then that for normally correcting them. I'llgive him a ring later to see as he hasn't been on here for a while as he was over sea's. But he's back about a week now.

ericsti - cheers man, I'll have a look at the lights yet today - I went back from my nct after 9pm, a bit too late to bother with checking anything on Friday ;)

dohcturbo - if still no joy I'll get to you for those lights ;)

Thanks all

ah, anyway I think I found the reason for my problems :)
bulbs have the paint on the top - on mines paint has some cracks and I think it simply makes beam of light going wrong.
Have to check that idea yet with new bulbs...
Stupid details... :)

the paint is only for heat extraction AFAIK
the focusing of lights is done by the reflector behind the bulb and sometimes with the headlamp glass itself....
knew a lad who brought in a volvo from dubai and failed nct on lights...
had to go to volvo and but 2 new headlamp glass units
flew the nct after that!!!!!!

Back