trackday set up

dohcturbo

Octane Boostaholics
1/ Just wondering will i change the oil and filter now, or after some tracktime?
I cant remember the last time i changed it, but its not that long ago.

2/ Im using castrol sport, will i change to something else?

3/ Will i need another set of pads after it aswell?

4/ Will i take out the drivers side headlight to get more air in to keep eveything cool?

5/ Will i start with a full tank of petrol? i dont wana spill any :icon_grin:

6/ Will i top up my coolent, with water or coolent?

think thats it :ponder2:
i was reading the track prep on dtdirl.

Id change the oil before the track day as for what type of oil everyone here seems to differ i use castrol magnetex 10w 40
Id use 3/4 a tank and top up when you come in dont want fuel starvation and if you can just use coolent it would be better.

[quote author=dohcturbo link=topic=10274.msg121831#msg121831 date=1224192789]
1/ Just wondering will i change the oil and filter now, or after some tracktime?
I cant remember the last time i changed it, but its not that long ago.[/quote]

I change mine before and after

2/ Im using castrol sport, will i change to something else?

Should be fine?

3/ Will i need another set of pads after it aswell?

Not necessarily. Depends on what they are. Regular road pads might overheat and become brittle/lead to fading. Same with brake fluid. Have someone check it's ok. I think there's a simple probe you can stick into it to check.

4/ Will i take out the drivers side headlight to get more air in to keep eveything cool?

Shouldn't be any need.

5/ Will i start with a full tank of petrol? i dont wana spill any :icon_grin:

Fill up in Nass. The local station is expensive and the standard classic fuel tank causes surge problems when there is only 1/3 to 1/4 left.

6/ Will i top up my coolent, with water or coolent?

Just check them..

Most important to avoid the red mist and know your limits..

..then push them on a bit
;)

il be on full boost this time and no boose the night before , so il know im on full boost this time. :icon_grin:

iv to change the pads (cheers dagnut :thumbsup:) and fluid anyway, there fecked after the last time.

"Red mist"
He means don't go to mad at first!
Too many lads go flat out to soon and end up spinning off into the gravel and the whole place grinds to a stand still untill the jeeps pull him free!
Dan

Me too, I plan to ber so sideways I'll be going backwards!
That would be funny :icon_grin:

Go on then, give us a hint??
Dan

[quote author=scooby-type-r link=topic=10274.msg122311#msg122311 date=1224384805]
im a little bit drunk now and im telling ye now ive something very funny lined up
for track day :smile:
[/quote]

was somebody in the path again last night :naughty: :naughty: il be have'n a chat with you later about that crack :lol: :lol: an all the dig'n uv to get done :icon_grin:

Was hoping to have my car up and running for this but just cant seem to get the last couple of bits sorted. Will have to wait till the new season! :thumbsup:

Back