Blitz Dump valve

gerry

Octane Boostaholics
For sale a Blitz super sound blow off valve ..came off my V8 sti so it may fit other models....Pm if interested..

a pic

DSC01237.jpg

HOW MUCH ARE YOU LOKING FOR IT????

[quote author=gerry link=topic=1130.msg9660#msg9660 date=1167947512]
a pic

DSC01237.jpg

[/quote]

sorry i'm not wishing to hijack the thread but what is a dump valve and how does it work?

**stupid and uninformed**

there are a lot of arguments for and against SSBOV or dump valves. they are prity confusing for a simple minded person as myself but long story short they say that it reduces the turbo lag in between gear changes by keeping the turbo spinning. arguments against are that it puts added pressure on the turbo reducing the life of it.
now i have absolutely no problem being corrected by anyone who has a better knowledge than me.

[quote author=discobarr link=topic=1130.msg10011#msg10011 date=1168347700]
there are a lot of arguments for and against SSBOV or dump valves. they are prity confusing for a simple minded person as myself but long story short they say that it reduces the turbo lag in between gear changes by keeping the turbo spinning. arguments against are that it puts added pressure on the turbo reducing the life of it.
now i have absolutely no problem being corrected by anyone who has a better knowledge than me.
[/quote]

hi Paul,

i dont know who told you that but that is wrong :ponder: a dump valve wont put any extra pressure on a turbo if anything it reduces it as it allows the turbo to spin freely with reduced back pressure on the turbine. performance wise they arent going to be any improvement as all scoobs have a standard re-circulating dump valve as standard. all the aftermarket ones do is make the noise and they can be either non-recirculating or semi-recirculating. there are pro's and cons to both types such as fluctuating afm signals but im not going to go into that now

ha ha i'll blame that skylineowners website for that one. they were always goin on about the things.
glad to be put right.

this was in the car when I bought it.. brought the car to my local subaru garage to get checked out .. they said they car was 100% but to take out the dump valve that it was a non recirculating one and that the engine was compebsating for the fact it was not recirculating or something like that anyway.. I took it out anyway hence why its for sale now.. I was talking to the previous owner of the car that bought the valve it cost him €520 a few years ago so they ain't cheap some of them

[quote author=GT performance link=topic=1130.msg10037#msg10037 date=1168358218]
:lol: :lol: stupid skyline owners :lol: :lol:
[/quote]

i would take offence to that but i sold mine last week and you have one for sale :D

see ya thursday George

paul

[quote author=gerry link=topic=1130.msg10041#msg10041 date=1168359235]
I was talking to the previous owner of the car that bought the valve it cost him €520 a few years ago so they ain't cheap some of them
[/quote]

The shop must have had big windows.... :D

Alan.

520euro hes pullin yur leg mate the top of the range hks a greddy dump valves cost no more than 200euro on ebay.and even from a motor factor or supplier there nowere near 520euro..that particuler model on ebay is selling for 100euro and they are very troublesome as the springs in them always go..hks ssqv all the way

[quote author=dublinsti link=topic=1130.msg10085#msg10085 date=1168383383]
520euro hes pullin yur leg mate the top of the range hks a greddy dump valves cost no more than 200euro on ebay.and even from a motor factor or supplier there nowere near 520euro..that particuler model on ebay is selling for 100euro and they are very troublesome as the springs in them always go..hks ssqv all the way
[/quote]

those dump valves your looking at on ebay are copies mate there not genuine. i agree he was totally ripped off on the blitz but im not surprised its happening all the time with high performance parts suppliers. we tried the hks ssqv copies and they DO NOT work they are only crap and anybody would be mad to buy them. we always try out the copy parts and check their quality and if they're good we use them. in truth the copy dump valves are only dirt.
the rrp on hks ssqv are €400

George

yes the rrp on ssqv is that price you are right and i have seen and installed copies for a mate of mine but i also bought an original from ebay for 120 euro inc shipping..and it is 100% real deal hollyfield brand new. :subaru:

[quote author=dublinsti link=topic=1130.msg10146#msg10146 date=1168551126]
yes the rrp on ssqv is that price you are right and i have seen and installed copies for a mate of mine but i also bought an original from ebay for 120 euro inc shipping..and it is 100% real deal hollyfield brand new. :subaru:
[/quote]

must have been a one off auction or something?? its not possible to sell the genuine hks ssqv for that money and not lose money

George

Back