2.5 engined ver3 type r

S

stevek

hey guys im going to have a look at aversion 3 type r this saturday, it has a 2.5 engine installed . the ecu has only being "reflashed" apparently which worries me! anything i should look out for?? regards, steve

didnt think you could map(flash) a V3??? could be wrong but i think ecutek only works on V4 upwards

Well if some one fitted a simtek ECU , surley it just would
of been mapped.

Sounds more like engine fitted with stock ECU.......... and NO MAP, of course
it could be genuine :dontknow:

Before calling to see car find out what software was used to flash ECU, who done it, and what are the
lock codes and where is the cert !!!!

I bet he won't be able to answer any of the above !!!
If he dose let us know :icon_grin:

Niall.

If it's just a 2.5 dropped in with no other work done, She'd pull like a train upto 4500rpm and then the turbo would run out of airflow and she'd be flat! all the time in great danger of melting a piston or just running shite,
If done properly she'll pull hard all the way to 7K rpm, If she has a boost gauge, see what boost she's boosting at and at what revs
As the lads said above, check which ecu it has, and let us know before you pay any deposit,
There are no typical bad points to look out for, maybe ask to hear the engine start from ice cold and see how noisey she is and drip her for oil before you go anywhere and see if it's fresh enough!
Have fun!
Dan

To be honest,
Rather than taking a chance like that,
Would you not check out the for sale section on here and see if you can buy of a member!(the more posts the better)
At least you'll know that the previous owner knew how to look after a scooby, Type r's specifically need to be looked after properly to survive, If they are properly maintaned they are the absolute best drivers car in the world! bar none, (except special edition 2drs)
This one springs to mind, but I sure there are a few more!
Dan

http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=9594.msg117360#msg117360

its boosting .4 bar apparently?? would that chap take a part ex?? :D

that doesn't sound right unless its on low boost??it should be around .9 i think,anybody care to correct that??

no boost gauge?? i test drove the white one on carzone the sti 99d with 2.5 conversion that was built by damo in autoworx and was boostin 1.3. but the owner wanted my 01 200brake gti golf + 7k!!!

jim russell from waterford, jr performance?

If Jim done the work , you won't have any prob's :thumbsup:
Give him a ring and tell him your with the ISDC and just ask him about the car.

He's a sound lad and is presently building one serious scoob for a member here
i stand to be corrected but this Car will be the 1st in Ireland to be fitted with a
particular Turbo...........(can't remember name of it ) ...........BUT IT's fucking hughe
about the size of a football and im not joking :icon_eyes: :icon_eyes:

As for the mapping im not sure if Jim has the software licence to map (re flash) cars,
so be sure to give him a bell.

Niall.

[quote author=stevek link=topic=10145.msg120588#msg120588 date=1223646406]
its boosting .4 bar apparently?? would that chap take a part ex?? :D
[/quote]

She's in limp mode!
Dan

The contact number for Jim russell is 051 896980. The car Niall is on about is mine and Jim is doing all the work on it. Any concerns you have Jim will tell you straight up.Regards Gavin.

well lads, had a look at this car today.nice enough motor to be honset, seen all the receipts from the work done etc from jr performance....chap selling it jim told him its boosting .4 and has been since he got it back. the biggest concern for me however was i dont think it has an sti engine. it looked to me to be a wrx head/intercooler etc on the ej25 bottom end. how could i be sure the car is an sti?? it is a v3 v-limited w/roof scoop and that in her and the id plaque. did sti only come as limited?
http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Subaru/Impreza/V3-limited/1025962/

it doest have sti badges on the wings...and no skirtings.
hav you any more pics?

it might be another wrx type r.
this is the 3rd one of these cars iv seen and didnt even no they exisded.
a friend got one last week aswell.

The sti type r would have DCCD! the wrx doesn't!  also the sti type r would have subaru branded twin pot rear calipers a 4 pot fronts! wrx has sliding calipers
If it has the switch and lights on the dash, park her on grass and floor it, it will very obviously spin the rear wheels if switch is to the rear!
A 2.5 boosting .4bar wont make 360 bhp, it will feel quick because of the close ratio gear box, But it's not right!!!!!
You need someone independant to look at that for you!
Were are you based?? Any were near dublin, get in touch with Davelegacy (STI Tuning) he'd be able to tell by smelling the heads (joke) or ifd you are near Mullingar get in touch with Johnny99 (Jomo) generally gifted chap!
I would seriously beware, type r's are a without a doubt the best classic on the road, but they really need to be looked after properly, your (.4bar) one seem abit  :snooty:
Dan

HE IS RIGHT, I WAS GOING BY LOOKS.
but im on a standard 2.0 and was bossting 1.0 when i got it and boosting 1.4 or 1.5 now still on standard.
but and man with subaru cop on would not be running 0.4 after fitting a 2.5engine and mapping it.
what would be the point.

but it is a nice car, for me id pass and wait for another.

Back