Another new addition!!

Scouserlad2007

Petrolheads
Hi all,

Just picked up me new SP R1 exhaust (back box) this afternoon from Renno and was wondering would you reckon I could fit it meself or should I take it to a place and let them do it??? Has anyone (a novice!!) ever done this and if so is there anything I need to know??

Chers in advance, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Jonnie

well able to do it yourself mate. just two bolts and 2/3 rubber mounts. take look under the car in the morning you will see its grand. :thumbsup:

easy job, easier with access to ramp. spray oil on the bolts 1st and let it soak in for a bit to make things easier. wear some eye protection too. nothing more painful than rust flakes in the eye!

As above... peace of cake. I just had the problem that my bolts where so rusty, that I had to cut them off.
Bit of a pain if you have to do it with a little saw :angry1: took me an hour or so to cut through both of the bolts.

Best results I had using WD-40 on rusty bolts before losing them. Spray it on, smoke a cigarette and then try it.

Apart from that easy-peasy.... Maybe a good idea (just in case) to get 2 replacement bolts and nuts :hammerhead:

Oh... If you do not have a car lift or so, I have 2 ramps to drive up. If you're in Dublin, I can lend them to you.

Akki

just sticking up a quick couple of pics of the new exhaust, ill get better ones when ive more time...555 Scooby (alan) kindly fitted her for me...cheers mate, big thanks, youre a star!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

She now sounds like a scooby and im over the moon with it, ive been driving with the window down just to hear the roar off it!!!! :multijump: :multijump:

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

Jonnie

Back