gauges

J

johnroake

xtreme autos put in a boost gauge for me, and when im driving along and put the boot down before i change gear it is up at 1.5 or just below, would that be right or should it stop somewhere before that

ok, so what should it be, ive a 96 wrx jap, the car is fairly fast now, is that due to this or does it need to be turned down or something

Should be around .9 bar boost buddy.....does it boost to 1.5 then settle down,or stay up at 1.5........???

when i am driving, i put the foot down and it moves up like the rev counter up to bout 1.4 or 1.5, as soon as the clutch is engaged to change to the next gear it goes back to zero then moves like rev counter again when in the next gear

Is the standard turbo even up for that??
Your engine would be on the limit if it were mapped for that,
Did you buy her as a fresh import? If so then defo big bang waiting to happen :icon_cry:
Get her checked out asap! If you're around dublin give Davelegacy at STI Tuning anywere near westmeath give Johnny99 at JOMO Engineering a shout!
Both sound lads I've only had good dealings with,
Best of luck man
Dan

that doesnt sound good, but ive had it over a year and it was brought in the year before that by someone else, and (touch wood) nothing has happened, its been this way since i got it, but the guy i bought it off didnt mention any mods, unless he didnt know himself when he got it.

Definitely get it checked out mate, it should not be boosting that high if its standard, your engine won't last very long....

i know u all keep saying it wont last long, but it has been here over 2 years, ill get it checked out.

Thats all you can do. If it still has a subaru ECU you can get it blugged in and check the Boost that way I think. Either way a professional would need to look at it.

I don't mean to be smart,
But
Could it be reading 15psi (1 bar) not 1.5 bar???
Does the gauge actually say "bar" on it??
Dan

it doesnt actually say bar on it, but it def is a 1.5 not 15

yeah dave it goes from zero, but as lads said i could have it wrong, bout the psi and bar thing, it is a typer gauge.

Back