New Owner

car driver

Sunday Drivers
I am not a member as I dont own a Subaru currently, although I had one in the past and really miss it now. I would like to ask one or two things if i may, Is it worth paying such a huge premium for a new WRX over the RX which seems quite an adequate car to me.
I had an 01 WRX bugeye model previously and even though I loved the car I sold it for a number of reasons , one was that it was almost stolen one night and the other main reason was that i found the fuel consumption very heavy, rarely exceeding 20/ 21 miles per gallon no matter how I drove it.
Now I do know that you dont buy a car like this for its fuel consumption but that was a very heavy price to pay.
Would appreciate some current owners remarks on above as I am seriously considering going back to Subaru..............Thanks......

It depends on what you want from your subaru,if your worried about fuel consumption dont bother with a subaru,from a 1.6 to an sti there all heavy on fuel,as for the 2.0RX it will probably be heavier on juice than a WRX,as for security,the thieving bas...ds will probably go after the RX in any way...............................................................

Thanks for reply Dave but what I want from the car was the fun and pleasure that I had from it before and I know of the risks of it being stolen and am always quite careful where I park it and so on.I was just curious from other owners viewpoints in relation to the fuel consumption as of course the dealer where I bought the car from told me I should be getting up to 30 MPG which I doubted anyway..........In my time of owning the car I really loved it in every way and got great pleasure from it and thats why I was thinking of trading in my current car for one.........

Ifill up once a week,usually 50 euro,depending on how i drive,that can get me anything from 280 to 320 khm(03 sti)most lads on this site wouldnt even mention the fuel end of it.Personally myself id be down the garage tomorow trading in

Best of look,you have the added benefit of having owned one before,hope to see you at the next meet....... what have you got in mind

fuel never comes into it for me maybe because i don't do huge mileage every week.....i love the cars for what they are pure driving pleasure. plenty of cars to be seen on www.carzone.ie

Thanks for replies I have seen one in a Dublin dealers its an 04 but he also seems to have a new wrx with kit etc for under 40 k so i will enquire further
I need to go to dealer as I prefer to trade in the car I currently have..............

04 WRX ONLY WENT ON SITE YESTERDAY,LOOKING FOR QUICK SALE,FEW EXTRAS ASWELL,CHECK IT OUT AND SEND A PM(STILL UNDER SUBARU WARRANTY)

Back