car not boosting over 0.5

azerp

Sunday Drivers
hey all have a problem me impreza version 6 v limited isnt boosting over 0.5 bar as a hks mush filter fitted and a greedy adjustable boost gauge any thoughts would be great cheers

Have you checked all vacuum lines in case of a boos leak or damaged hose?

If there are no leaks or damaged hoses then it sounds like the car has gone into safe mode.

Hi mate,

Is the check engine light on?

Plug the battery out for about a half an hour, that will reset the ECU for you. Thats how I got mine out of safety mode when it stopped boosting correctly...

Regards,
Stephen.

Well,

I would be fairly confident that its a leaky boost pipe. Spend a half hour or so looking around at all the vaccumme pipes leaving/entering the turbo/inlet manifold. Again I would be fairly confident its a leaky/doggy pipe or pipe end. Best of luck with it

Paddy

The car is in limp mode. If you check the fault code's, it will tell you what sensor has caused it to go into limp mode,

John

yeah reset the ecu boosting past now but wont go over 1 bar that normal cheers for all your help lads

[quote author=azerp link=topic=10029.msg119299#msg119299 date=1223312588]
yeah reset the ecu boosting past now but wont go over 1 bar that normal cheers for all your help lads

[/quote]

Yeah one bar would be normal boost mate.

doubt if its vaccum lines if the boost came back after a reset. as johny said in limphome. did you read the codes before you reset it.

Back