Legacy remap, yes or no?

colmeryan

Sunday Drivers
:ponder: :ponder2:
I have a Japanese import A/T 2001 B4 which was manufactured in OCT of 2000, and everyone is telling me i need to use octane booster and get it remapped or I'll blow my engine, some people say I should get it converted for BIO Fuel. I have already blown 3 coils and four plugs, next stop melted piston!!!

What should I do?

PM Dave legacy of STi tunning, he'll fill you in on the mapping situation with these. His company have had some good results with mapping them I beleave.

not mapping your car wouldn't have an effect on your coils, plugs only a maybe if cylinder temps too high. think if your worried about safety and not looking for more performance, you could fit a knocklink. if your using e5 or a combo of fuel and booster without getting knock then your laughing. its a good place to start because it is a good safety device even after mapping to warn you if have have got a bad dose of fuel etc.

definately get it mapped, i noticed the difference in mine straight away

dave in STI tuning's your man :thumbsup:

As above, ring Dave he will put you right, i did the day i got mine a year ago and it hasnt missed a beat.

i am unmapped and have decided not to get it done
i use e5 (maxols 99 octane fuel) and lucas octane booster.
mapping is essential, if you want to mod at all
i have done 11,000 km and have had no problems

As above man!
Defo need to get her mapped, for peace of mind if nothing else, She'll be a different car!
There are alot of lads driving unmapped with no problems, But they are the lucky ones,
Dave will advise on the best plugs!
Dan

Back