problem when starting

copperhead

Petrolheads
as i said problem only happens when car has been sittin idle for a coupl of days, dosnt always start with first turn of the key and have to turn it over for a few seconds before it splutters into life
any help appreciated :thumbsup:

Feul pressure has nothing to do with it. Any car will have lost most of it's fuel pressure after 3 minutes, when switch off. When the ignition is switched on, the pump will run and it will have full pressure in less than 3 seconds. If the fuel pressure regulator was that bad, the car wouldn't run. Check plug's etc first, then connections at camshaft and crankshaft sensor. If it has plug leads instead of 4 coil packs, check that the leads are fitted to the coil tightly. Check for any fault codes also,

John

cheers for the replies lads like i said it only happens when it hasnt been started fo a few days any other time its fine will get it checked anyway

Check out your starter motor,and battery dude...prob the first ones to check and make sure they are all good... :thumbsup:

yeah could be the starter but you would know there was something wrong from the sound it makes as it fails to start..trust me I know :icon_cry: when was it last serviced ?

if its trying to start its not starter, if it was starter it would click or just do nothing, if its lying up for a couple of days, it could a oil problem, so when its turning over your puttin oil pressure back into the hydraulic lifters, and that could be why it hard to start, not to sure tho i dont do much work on scoobys, happens on other makes tho

[quote author=copperhead link=topic=9984.msg118733#msg118733 date=1223118219]
there are no funny noises everything sounds normal just like there no petrol if that makes any sence :thumbsup:
[/quote]

that suggests fuel pump to me.

did you try check for codes, if you did and you still think its fuel. turn the red lights on and listen for the pump running, when it stops then crank the engine. :thumbsup:

Is the car parked in a garage or is it outdoors?
If outdoors I would say with our brilliant weather, that some humidity is crawling into the spark plugs and avoid a proper spark to go off.

Sounds purely like a humidity problem in the electrics...

Just my 2 cent...

Akki

Back