Power Steering issue maybe??

ncc98071

Sunday Drivers
I have a 02 wrx standard model. Since yesterday morning the powere steering seems to be acting up a bit, When I am in a car park and not moving too fast, just turning on full lock etc the steering wheel is jerky, once I am out driving on the road it is okay.Any ideas what could be causing this , is it safe to drive it on the road for a day or two until I can get it into the local garage?

in dublin till the weekend, any good garages around the citywest/rathcoole area I could drop it into

any help greatly appreciated

not sure what it could b mate, but id imagine if its just a power steering issue it would be safe enough for a day or 2. open to correction tho... :thumbsup:

Had this before on mine about 2 years ago and a new power steering pump fixed it. My pump was making a horrible noise though. It may just be your belt as mentioned.

In work at the minute,so will check the power steering fluid level in the next hour
if it is the belt or the pump what sort of money are we talking about
And is there anywhere on west of Dublin that would have these parts

thanks for the help

i had this problem last year and same problem in ash's car only last weekend, both were a €14 fix job, belts gone hard and slippin on the pump. If it is the pump, I have no idea what a new one'd cost.

Firstly try tightening the belt, if that stops the problem, get a new belt and stick it in, only a 5minute job :thumbsup:

it was the ps belt that was gone surely
Replaced and all back to normal now

Thanks for the help
Greatly appreciated

Back