Rev's dropping as i stop.

Murto

Petrolheads
Hi lads. The engine rev's drop very fast as the car comes to a stop, almost cuts out, the picks up again.

Car drives fine though.

Any ideas of what could be causing it would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Same was happening me on the way to the meet last Thursday. Started after i disconnected my battery. Was fine then on the way home and been grand since. My first thought was the MAF as Andy said. :thumbsup:

Its a 95 import 1.5, I actually had the battery disconnected today(fiddling with the alarm)

didnt think that would effect the running of car :ponder2: I'll clean the iddle control valve and

throttle body too, thanks for the help lads :thumbsup: Oh there's also a squealling noise every so often!

Would that be the water pump bearing or alternator on the way out. Fun never ends. :smile:

ye im having same problem .....revs drop completely after driving.....think it might be power steering pump pulley :ponder:

Anyone know where i could get one of these?

Hold on, do the simple things first, check the tension and condition of the belt, don't go looking for pulley's. The squeal of a loose or worn belt, has nothing to do with the idle speed,

John

had a similar problem in another car and it was the throttle actuator ......ie the idle control valve.......was full of gunk. as far as i know its a little piston type thingy that lets small ammounts of air in on idle.....open to correction or a better explanation :hammerhead:

as above
get a can of carb cleaner and wash out the throttle body but dont get near the MAF....
cheapest option first
then possibly the idle speed control valve....
not sure the maf will affect the idle speed in this way :ponder2: :ponder2:

Back