MPG

Yeah, I was at about 400Km to a tank in my B4, its up to about 430-440 since the remap! Thats city driving, nothing long distance.

Many Thanks Gents and while im here I would like to change the grille of my baby maybe mesh or an original custom subaru sporty one any ideas cheers.John L.

[quote author=johnjoe64 link=topic=9792.msg116415#msg116415 date=1222333670]
How do they work that out as USA gallons and ours are not the same Rgs
[/quote]

US galons are slighlty bigger so it seems there getting less mileage..the correct one is the second link 26.7 as st 9029 posted first

[quote author=RoB4 link=topic=9792.msg116414#msg116414 date=1222333614]
Yeah, I was at about 400Km to a tank in my B4, its up to about 430-440 since the remap! Thats city driving, nothing long distance.
[/quote]

Did you just get the car remapped or have you any mods like decat etc.?? That is excellent mileage you are getting

[quote author=johnjoe64 link=topic=9792.msg116419#msg116419 date=1222334626]
Many Thanks Gents and while im here I would like to change the grille of my baby maybe mesh or an original custom subaru sporty one any ideas cheers.John L.
[/quote]

maybe start a seperate thread for this. i have the spare standard one that came on mine, maybe its different to yours or else i got a nice mesh one on mine, but im keeping that!

you seem to be doing very well with 440 km on a tank , i only get about 340 km out of a tank in mine ,mostly town driving (no traffic jams) ,and mine is mapped as well. :ponder2:

I keep her out of boost most of the time, the difference is unbelievable. I only really open her out at the weekend if I go for a drive!

ah right ted... personally i am struggling to get 380 before needing to refill and thats taking it relatively easy... if i'm running late for work i'll use almost a quarter tank blastin up the motorway

I got 400-420 for a full tank.

22.7MPG.
8Km/litre.
0.25cent per mile
average 15000 mile per year = 3,800euro in fuel!

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=9792.msg116465#msg116465 date=1222343599]
I got 400-420 for a full tank.

22.7MPG.
8Km/litre.
0.25cent per mile
average 15000 mile per year = 3,800euro in fuel!
[/quote]

And worth every cent I would think!

there was a post on here a while ago about this and I took one bit of advice from it and it seems to be working. *opens new window to find it*

Ah yes here we are:

Altezza-Dan posted this a while ago, he got this in an email

TIPS ON FILLING YOUR CAR

I don't know what you guys are paying for petrol..... but here in Durban we are also paying high prices, up to

R 8.50 per litre. My line of work is in petroleum and has been for about 31 years now. So here are some tricks to get more of your money's worth for every litre.

Here at Marian Hill Pipeline where I work in Durban, we deliver about 4 million litres in a 24 hour period thru the pipeline. One day is diesel, the next day is jet fuel, and petrol, LPR and Unleaded. We have 34 storage tanks here with a total capacity of 16,800,000 litres.

Only buy or fill up your car in the early morning when the ground temperature is still cold..

Remember that all Service Stations have their storage tanks buried beneath the ground. The colder the ground the more dense the fuel. When it gets warmer petrol expands, so buying in the afternoon or evening .......... your litre is not exactly a litre. In the petroleum business, the specific gravity and the temperature of the petrol, diesel, jet fuel, ethanol and other petroleum products play an important role. A one degree rise in temperature is a big deal in this business but the Service Stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.

When you are filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast mode.

If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3) stages; low, middle and high. In slow mode you should be pumping on low speed, thereby minimising the vapours that are created while you are pumping. All hoses at the pump have a vapour return. If you you are pumping on the fast rate, some of the liquid that goes into your tank becomes vapour. Those vapours are being sucked up and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your money.

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your tank is HALF FULL.

The reason for this is, the more fuel you have in you tank, the less air occupying its empty space. Petrol evaporates faster than you can imagine. Petroleum storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves as zero clearance between petrol and the atmosphere, so it minimises the evaporation. Unlike Service Stations, here where I work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated so that every litre is actually the exact amount.

Another reminder. If there is a fuel truck pumping into storage tanks when you stop to buy, DO NOT FILL UP. Most likely the petrol/diesel is being stirred up as the fuel is being delivered and you might pick up some dirt that normally settles on the bottom.

Hope this will help you get the most value for your money. Remer to always fill your car when the tank shows 'half'. Always fill up in the early morning. Always fill up in slow mode.

The person that had sent this e/mail on had added a 'rider' which said the following. This actually works. I tried early Saturday morning before I came to work. $30.00 from 1/2 tank filled up my car. Usually it is $55.00. Amazing. This has got to be the most useful e/mail I have received all year.

I marked the bit I tried and it does work. As you may notice you get more from the first half of the petrol in the tank than the other...well I know I do!

@Rob4 I do that as well. I get about 480km per tank on my impreza and thats with some hard driving as well. A good bit

Back