Coolant Leak

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
Coolant leak somewhere. I have taken pictures of where the coolant is coming from maybe somebody can help. It seems to be gathering underneath the power steering reservoir and then leaking down at the pulleys. No leaks from rad or hoses which leads me to believe it coming out of the block :icon_cry:

2sb7jgo.jpg

Blue fluid is coolant. Power Steering reservoir on the left to give you an idea of where it is.
6f41dz.jpg

Isnt the water pump down the bottom on the other side of the engine?

i`m nearly 100% that`s a small seal under the intake manifold. there`s a coolant pipe that goes from one side of the block to the other and has 2 little flanges on it. you`d be hard pushed to see it with the manifold in place.try there mate!

[quote author=slithertooth link=topic=9662.msg114868#msg114868 date=1221865511]
i`m nearly 100% that`s a small seal under the intake manifold. there`s a coolant pipe that goes from one side of the block to the other and has 2 little flanges on it. you`d be hard pushed to see it with the manifold in place.try there mate!
[/quote]agree here, or maybe the header tank if its the old plastic type

OK I had the header tank out and I still cant see where this coolant leak is coming from. I think slithertooth may be right....the manifold must be blocking my view of this tube. There cant possibly be anywhere else its coming from.

So taking manifolds of is beyond my comfort zone of something I would tackle myself. Can site traders help me out I wonder?

How bad a leak is this?,is your temp. gauge heading north very quick?,is fan kickin in just on idle?

Temp gauge is reading 80 degrees (on Power FC) Fans kick in as normal. Its when all the coolant has leaked out is when the temps go up.

Im fairly sure its this little tube under the intake manifold thats the problem as the coolant leaking is gathering under there.

RS-RA has very kindly offered to take a look at it for me :thumbsup:

Wont go wrong with Ciaran (RS-RA) top bloke and he knows subarus inside out
Ciaran i hope the cheque is in the post :lol:

if it is your top rad house give me a shout have a spare blue samco in the boot of the car !!!! 086-1920921 :thumbsup:

Back