Stereo Change

Gary O

Middle Lane Hogs
I've noticed while i was fitting one of these:

FP-006.jpg

(I had a gap just above the stereo),that the stereo which is the original japanese one is a git to remove.Does the trim have to be removed prior to stereo removal,as it appears the stereo is too wide to slide out?

Yeah, you gotta remove the surround, usually they're just clipped on, some gentle, and I mean gentle persuasion should help it off!

Small flat head or terminal driver will get it off for you Gary. Gentle persuasion, don't try to force it! :thumbsup:

Ahh nuts,i'm as subtle as a sledge hammer,just gona have to be a good boy & not break it!,i've put some CD's in that insert i bought,however if i sample the leggy acceleration the CD's come flying out :545:,simple accelerometer!

Yeah i cant keep cds in my din pockets cause the same happens!

Whole surround has to come off, its a bit of a bitch of a job to do but sure how and ever!

Had a good look at it today.....just need a stereo to stick in & it'll be all-rite on the nite!

THINK I have a stero in me mas will have a look tomorrow if i think of it.

Have one of above fitted in car and cds never come out. :icon_evil:

:smokin:

Probably because of my jerky feet on the pedals :multijump:,the CD's arent quite a snug fit,bit of play there.

What car are you driving.

If you can remove(carefully) the surround there should be littly metal thingies that you can screw onto side of above and onto the inside above where screws for stero go and replace surrould and should be nearly perfect fit.

Sounds like a lot of waffle time to go for a little lie down

:smokin:

Back