Replacing knock sensor

L

Liz

Mine needs to be replaced and will be in next week.Has anyone had to replace theirs? ( 00 B4 RSK) and if so have you any info available on how its done.Is it difficult
Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Liz

Underneath the throttlebody on the passenger side, bolted to the block. Never had the joy of replaceing 1 on a twin turbo, but can be an annoying on a single turbo/Impreza. Make sure it's torqued correctly. You may have to remove the intercooler. Be carefull with a twin turbo, as the intercooler pipes are plastic, and can break.

John

[quote author=slithertooth link=topic=9645.msg114874#msg114874 date=1221865912]
intake manifold off as far as i know :wall:
[/quote]

Im not sure about the legacy but it doesnt need to come off for the Impreza. As johnny says it should be located underneath throttle body on passenger side.

Yep the intercooler has to come off alright had mine done few weeks ago,didn't do it myself had Mech do it he said easy to fit but a bollox to get at :049:

Hey Liz
this went in my car about 2 weeks ago, dont know my way around the engine so had it in a garage,
the knock sensor was about €85.
good luck with it
:thumbsup:

[quote author=stevemcqueen link=topic=9645.msg115469#msg115469 date=1222098118]
Hey Liz
this went in my car about 2 weeks ago, dont know my way around the engine so had it in a garage,
the knock sensor was about €85.
good luck with it
:thumbsup:
thanks for that.
does anyone know the torque setting on this then?
cheers

[/quote]

Back