DCCD

ashscoob

Petrolheads
Lads just wondering if any of ye know what exactly i'd need (gearbox diffs etc) to put DCCD in my car?Cheers! :thumbsup:

Are we talking about classic Subaru or new age?
Usually buying 5mt DCCD for classic you should also get ecu with loom etc.
It's good idea to get gearbox with rear diff - it should be R180, at least for v5/6 STi's gearbox with dccd - not sure about earliers.
I think that for this diff you'll need also different axles.

In new age - not sure about that - you might already have R180 and proper axles - so putting gearbox, this time 6mt, should be a bit easier.

If you're building stronger car - it might be a good idea to put 6mt new age STI gearbox anyway - no matter if classic or new age car.
The only thing to remember about is, that new age STI gearbox with dccd requires some additional sensors, not present
in classic - and I guess also not present in standard WRX's and STIs without dccd.
This might require aftermarket dccd controller - but, surprisingly, this doesn't need to be too expensive - you can think about Neetronics, which is not too expensive nad pretty powerful.

Anyway the 6mt gearbox itself will be a bit expensive, especially with dccd.

For a street car it might be kind of overkill - but if you build a rally car or something like that - dccd with a good controller is good idea, I'd say.

Ah, ok - make sure what about gsensors, steering wheel sensor (or something like that) - I don't know new age that much, but new age dccd controller uses some sensors - if you don't want hassle with them - think about Neetronics.

[quote author=RudeBoy link=topic=9631.msg114615#msg114615 date=1221772512]
Ah, ok - make sure what about gsensors, steering wheel sensor (or something like that) - I don't know new age that much, but new age dccd controller uses some sensors - if you don't want hassle with them - think about Neetronics.

[/quote]
when you say steering sensor....is that connected to the yawl control which is only in the 05 -on model i think
nearly sure i read somewhere that the wr1(04) didnt have this but was added to the 05 model along with some other upgrades like handling and better steering...
:dontknow: :dontknow:

marko - that's possible - and that's also why it's good to make sure about that.
anyway not a problem with Neetronics

cheers

I'm very interested in this in the future also!
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who  have done this before!
In the meantime Ash, Get yourself an adjustable 24mm rear anti roll bar, and get plenty of neg camber on the front and not so much at the back and that will get her turning in real well and hang the arse out abit! Jomo is the man for that job!
Dan

Back