car over-boosting!!! any sugestions???

sti v5

Middle Lane Hogs
boost on the hand controller of my apexi ecu says that the max boost its set to is 1.35 bar but yesterday it went up to 1.43 bar..... and today on my way back the motorway it went up to 1.53 bar and the knock level read 21 (usually round 10- 12). is this bad or should i worry atall????? any sugestions greatly appriciated, cheers....

Tired or worn actuator maybe!
Or a blocked boost pipe, Don't drive her on to hard, you'll end up melting a piston,
Get her over to Davelegacy (STI Tuning) in dublin or Johnny (Jomo) Killucan as soon as you can and get her happy again!
It won't be anything major, You are lucky you spotted it!
Best of luck

Did it hit those boost levels & stay there or was it boosting that high, then dropping back then boosting up there again?

as far as i know it was getting up to those levels and staying... cant be just 100% now.... when i drive her on say going up the gears it seems to be fairly normal.... but when i really let her on in fifth the boost goes up to these levels....

Sounds like a hanging waste gate controller or a blocked waste gate controller hose.
Check that you have no leakage and all pipes and hoses are close. If the hose to the waste gate controller is leaking, you have exactly this issue.

Akki

Back