EVO Vs SUB Drag Event - Nov 8th & 9th - UDC, Time Attack, Test Sessions, Novice

Subaru Vs Evo DRAG Event... Would you support it?

• Total voters

SWRC Wayne

Sunday Drivers
...Just exploring what interest there may be in such an event. We could run the Drag & Handling Course plus the Show 'n' Shine for each marque to cater to everyone's preferences.

I think an event like this would deserve a bit of proper planning as I believe it could be the 'Grudge Match of the Millenium' lol!

Maybe a team event. EG:

1st .... 15pts ..... Subaru
2nd ... 12pts .... Evo
3rd ... 10pts .... Evo
4th ... 8pts ..... Subaru
5th ... 6pts ..... Evo
6th ... 4pts ..... Subaru
7th ... 2pts ..... Subaru
8th ... 1pts ..... Evo

Subaru 29pts /// Evo 29pts.........Its a DRAW lol!!!

Still with the individual prizes for class wins, but this'd help with the overall bragging rights

Entry fee is £45 incl unlimited runs on Drag & Handling course. Also includes admission

General Admission £10
Show 'n' Shine entry: admission fee only

EvoVsSubFlyer.jpg

Your opinions pls... :multijump:

Re: Subaru Vs Evo DRAG Event... Would you support it?

yeah brilliant..great...just one small detail where you having this?

good idea :thumbsup: but like above where would be able to hold such an event :ponder2:

I'd say he might have Bishopscourt in mind lads :wink:

Click on SWRC Wayne's profile and click on "view last posts of this person"

Depending on when its on.

Whos got a better idea.

Comeone only 7 votes,

Bishopscourt would be good crack scoobies v evo.

:smokin:

This is my summary from several ppl's opinions gathered from the same poll on the Scoobyireland forum:

Originally posted by SWRC Wayne
So, you guys like the idea of the 'Team' event, but we should invite other marques to become involved too?

So potentially a competition between Subaru, Mitsi, Ford, Nissan, Honda, etc... this could almost grow into a kinda league table.
Is this what you guys would prefer to see? What kind of incentive / reward would there need to be for the winning marque? (Be sensible pls lol!)

It was events like Scooby Shoot-out and the MLR 30-130 that got me thinking of the Sub Vs Evo thing.
But hey, I'm up for giving you guys what you want to see.

Venue could easily be Bishopscourt, with St. Angelo a possibility next year. More details on that as I receive them.

Date could be 9th Nov at Bishopscourt, but possibly better to wait til next summer.... OH AYE, LIKE WE GET A DRY SUMMER!!!

So... SOONER or LATER?

Over to you again

my answers in bold

[quote author=SWRC Wayne link=topic=9502.msg113490#msg113490 date=1221471437]
This is my summary from several people's opinions gathered from the same poll on the Scoobyireland forum:

Originally posted by SWRC Wayne
So, you guys like the idea of the 'Team' event, but we should invite other marques to become involved too? sounds good

So potentially a competition between Subaru, Mitsi, Ford, Nissan, Honda, etc... this could almost grow into a kinda league table.
Is this what you guys would prefer to see? What kind of incentive / reward would there need to be for the winning marque? (Be sensible pls lol!) Not to sure one but maybe your entry could contribute to the prize? New alloys, exhausts etc ?
It was events like Scooby Shoot-out and the MLR 30-130 that got me thinking of the Sub Vs Evo thing.
But hey, I'm up for giving you guys what you want to see.

Venue could easily be Bishopscourt, with St. Angelo a possibility next year. More details on that as I receive them. sounds fine

Date could be 9th Nov at Bishopscourt, but possibly better to wait til next summer.... OH AYE, LIKE WE GET A DRY SUMMER!!! im ok for novemeber, scooby will have the advantage if its wet :lol:

So... SOONER or LATER? SOONER !!!!!

Over to you again
[/quote]

great idea,

wud be very interested in it,

altho i am a fan of both types of car.....

but i drive an sti so that is the final say really :lol: :lol:

:subaru:

My opinion is that there are about 3 cars in the history of the ISDC that have taken part in an official drag event so don't go basing anything huge on what you read here :whistle:

Except maybe at the cruise... :naughty: Lets all just accept that :subaru: are better, shall we? Lets start a poll :lol:

Sure check out Chriss555 video at Japfest, the STi Tuning Impreza made mince meat outta the Evo :clap:

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=9502.msg113530#msg113530 date=1221482728]
Hate to put a damper on it, but its never gonna happen.
[/quote]

Actually... IT IS!!!

Just gatherin some input from the members on here. Much appreciated everyone :beerbang:

i think this is a great idea and at the end off the day its a good event to show off peoples work on all there cars whether its the performance :icon_headbang:,detailing :shock2: or styling :icon_omg: side off things. plus everyone can go have a :icon_blahblah: :icon_blahblah: :icon_blahblah: if they dont want to take part.

keep in touch about this event when its going ahead mate :thumbsup:

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=9502.msg113530#msg113530 date=1221482728]
Hate to put a damper on it, but its never gonna happen.
[/quote]

bit of faith,

will be deadly crack.

Another question: In an effort to separate the whole Drag & Drift thing...

How do SATURDAYs suit yiz? Say from 1.30 onwards for the Drag.

I mean, not just for this Evo Vs Sub thing, but for regular events.
You see with the plans I have for the Drag scene I really do expect it to get alot bigger next year and I think that this is the best way that I could accommodate alot of entries.

Instead of having to share the day with Drifting:
All the fast stuff on Saturday, All the sideways stuff on Sunday

I could run Drag & Time Attack on Saturday, with the Drifting & Test Sessions on the Sunday

This way the Draggers would not be kept late if the Drifters keep crashing all day, as is quite often the case! :1poke:

sounds cool but i wont be draggin anything only me missus to the jax every 5 mins!!!!!
:lol: :lol:
like the ideas of show and shine !!!!!
:icon_headbang: :icon_headbang:

Back