Siren Location/ Tamper switch

Gary O

Middle Lane Hogs
Further to my Alarm queries,i cant seem to see where the siren is for my so called alarm,i've been told there's an alarm on my car through the world wide web.I've replaced the battery in my key,so no i have remote central locking.One beep to lock,two beeps to open.When locked,lifting the drivers door handle results in a beep.However i cannot find a tamper switch around the bonnet & i cannot see a siren,or get one to go off by repeatedly tryint to open the drivers door.

any ideas?

i dont think the beeps you hear when you lock the car or touch the handle is anything to do with an alarm. i too thought i had an alarm but i soon realised that its just part of the central locking system. ive had my whole dash out and door cards off an i couldnt find any alarm. i dont know why it beeps when you lift the handle but the beeps on the central locking are just to give and audible indicator the car is locked or unlocked

Close the door with the fob and open the car with the key. This should set the alarm off if there's one in the car. Then you'll find the siren location.

had the same on mine, called a hornet alarm, its not worth a fook, get rid asap and get a clifford... its the absolute basic, there isnt even an immobiliser with it...

i have that hornet one aswell, and recently its stopped workin altogether! no lock or unlock and the alarm wont go off no matter what you do.. piece of sh1t, although its supposed to have a lifetime guarantee, im getting on to the guys that fitted it today

oh yea and its only a year and a half old

Back