Hesitation between 2k & 3k rpm

niall1

Petrolheads
As per title any ideas?

New plugs and MAF (due to emissions issues).

Hesitation was there before but getting more prominant now and only when feathering the thottle in low gears e.g. in light traffic. After 3k it lights the tyres, which has caught me out a few times :icon_redface: resulting in sideways motion out of junctions..

Also check plug gaps...was happening to mine when got her mapped and Andy said to check plug gaps.... :dontknow:

New plugs with correct gaps. Amazing the difference before and after. As someone else said on here recently I was surprised by how much power I was down on such a simple maintenance item.

@Duff
How could I check that?

i Had an issue like this on a celica I had. it was s sensor but I'm an dummy when it comes to where it was... I remember the mechanic showing me on the diagnostics unit changing settiings and it the throttle response would be perfect plug it out and it would start again.. I ued to reset the ecu and it would work fie for a while too.. sorry I know this has been no help what so ever.. :dontknow:

Not to sound stupid but could it be clutch shudder? If it only happens when feathering the throttle. I'm sure you know what this is, but could it be Niall. :dontknow:

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=9460.msg112421#msg112421 date=1221083826]
could it be clutch shudder? If it only happens when feathering the throttle. I'm sure you know what this is, but could it be Niall. :dontknow:
[/quote]
Nope not the clutch. Definately an ingition related hesitation

Back