Alarms Q&A

Gary O

Middle Lane Hogs
In the market for an alarm for the legacy,i dont want to spend anymore than 200-250euro on one ideally.Btw i've only the one key for the car,so any fancy set-up for having that requires two keys isnt gona fly.

:sad:

Dont spare the cash when getting an alarm. Spend the money on a clifford and your car will be there in the morning :thumbsup:

As the lads say, dont skimp on the alarm... I did and woke up one morning to find the car gone.. I was lucky enough to get it back and the first thing i did was stick a clifford in it... Well worth the money for some piece of mind..

howdy..
All depends on how much you value the car...
Generally an alarm is only a deterent - if scum want the car bad enough, they'll get it - doesn't matter what alarm you've got... :icon_twisted:
Usually opportunistic (big word) theives go for cars without any alarm at all so 1 or 2 flashing LEDs on the front doors or mounted (tidily) in the dash will fool them.
But if you want to to protect the car properly then you're gonna have to spend a few quid on it..I would have thought you'd get a reasonable alarm for €300 though..
I've got a pretty basic Laserline alarm in my joke - does the job...
You should think about getting remote central locking and automatic window closers fitted at the same time (if you don't already have it)
It's a bit like insurance - you don't need it all the time, but you still pay for it - as the others say - it's not really something to hold back on...

What would a clifford alarm cost?,i have a big steering lock on it at the moment a better than nothing option but i would like an alarm

I got an Autopage fitted for 400 euro, I reckon its a great system only thing it lacks behind the clifford is black jacks...its got remot start/turbo timer and paging system is brilliant gives you a chance to catch them in the act..if you car is disturbed/bumped the pager goes of waking you up and letting you know...if the alarm is disabled and the pager looses contact with the alarm it goes go...if somone by passes your clifford how would you know?...and for those who say they cant be by passed..if it can be fitted it can be by passed.
Combined with a chain and massive sterring lock it still comes in 300 squid cheaper than the clifford with same features.

[quote author=Gary O link=topic=9456.msg112216#msg112216 date=1221044629]
What would a clifford alarm cost?,i have a big steering lock on it at the moment a better than nothing option but i would like an alarm
[/quote]

cheapest clifford is around 550 and thats the basic job

Oh luvly :xmas_cheers:

Gona have dig around,by the way do i have to go to a subaru dealer to get a second key or are there any walkin in places that make copies?

Any key cutter will copy the one you have. I had mine done in Blanch Center in the dry cleaners. Regency Dry Cleaners. Unit number 144 opposite the escalator.

Definitely go with the Clifford 650...too much interest in high performance cars lately to be taking chances! It might cost a few quid but for the peace of mind, it's well worth it!!

you get what you pay for with alarms lad!!!!!
have to be spending 400 or more i reckon for a decent alarm
my clifford was 600+ only few days ago but its the dogs....
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Get your self another key as your going to need it some day.

You won't get an alarm fitted and all for the money your looking. I'd defo if you can go for a clifford. Far to many legacys going missing these days and if they break in and get your keys they can take the lock off your car but they cann't get around black jacks. Clifford all the way.

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=9456.msg112302#msg112302 date=1221056376]
Get your self another key as your going to need it some day.

You won't get an alarm fitted and all for the money your looking. I'd defo if you can go for a clifford. Far to many legacys going missing these days and if they break in and get your keys they can take the lock off your car but they cann't get around black jacks. Clifford all the way.
[/quote]

blackjacks can be by passed if you know what your doing..how do you think clifford agents get around it when people forget the code? its a brilliant system I'm not putting it down but don't think its foolproof

As the lads have said you just cant skimp on alarms - as for discloks etc, the last one i was out to i had off the car in 14sec - i actually timed it. nuff said in my book, cant beat a big chain!

as far as i know u can get a basic clifford alarm from 350 euro , i only got clifford 650 fitted in my car during the week and was there during the install and its some piece of kit , i had a k9 alarm in it already with pager system and i was told that i might aswell leave the keys in the car , if u really love ur motor u will pay the bit extra well worth it , if u want a number for an installer let me know and i will send u his number :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bought mine over the net and fitted it myself. its not for the faint hearted but if you have any automotive knowledge and a half a day to spare its worth a go. the system i fitted has been compared to the clifford and is supposed to be as good, i think there made by the same company as a lot of the accessories are common for both makes and have the same leads and connectors making them interchangable.you can also add onto the system as you go along, ie proximity sensors and tilt sensors. if ye want ill pm ye the details as i dont want to advertise what security i have :thumbsup:

blackjax is set up using a laptop and program.....
it probably can be bypassed but would not happen in anyway under 5 mins....
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back