legecy b4 info

• Thread starter imprezaizdeadlea
  • Start date
I

imprezaizdeadlea

considering getting one

any owneres on here, how do they like the car? power wise and as a daily driver?
seem insurence friendly for me anyway and tax isnt to extreme
are they as useleass as people say on lower end power as some people say
all info / suggestion welcome

thanks

plenty about.

take a test drive be best thing. You should if you get a decent length time test drive a good view of them.

have mine a while now and its runnin sweet, make sure you warm the car you test first, there quite sluggish untill there warm. the car should idle between 500 and 1000 rpm when warm and the temp needle should sit half way. i use mine as my daily driver and driving from home to work i rarely use the second turbo, the first turbo gives ample power for that type of driving. ive never had anyone drive or get out of my car and say its underpowered but you will always encounter somebody who has a negative opinion about one thing or another. they take a while to get used to cause of the twin turbo cause if you change into a higher gear as the second turbo is about to spool you will land yourself into some serious turbo lag called the vod, if you buy a 04 onwards this does not apply cause they have a differant turbo set up....twin scroll instead of two turbos.
ive had mixed reports on there handling, some say there tail happy and kick out the rear easilly and others say they understeer a lot.......my experience with my own is its never really understeered and its quite difficult to kick out the back, unless on a slippy roundabout....but i would imagine its down to the car, tyres and what suspension it has.
if ye have any specific questions ask away and we'll do our best

so how would the legecys drive on a bendy back roads or are they more so for cruiseing? went to see a nice black one tonight but the battery was dead so didnt gt to drive it :(

was thin one here

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Subaru/Legacy/B4-RSK/947765/

had a bad chip on the lower driver side bumper but he said that would be fixed up before sale and all,

any one want to give me a spin in theres :icon_surprised:

[quote author=imprezaizdeadlea link=topic=9391.msg111774#msg111774 date=1220908402]
so how would the legecys drive on a bendy back roads or are they more so for cruiseing? went to see a nice black one tonight but the battery was dead so didnt gt to drive it :(

[/quote]

with the right suspension they can handle pretty well( as any of the lads in imprezas i passed on sunday can testify)

mines for sale at the moment as well you can come look at it any time

i drive the back roads from home to finglas every morning and back again in the evening and ive no problems negotiating the bends.

@ damo thats a bit dear for a shot lol maybe 12 euro

@ dagnut is it on carzone?

I've had my B4 for nearly 2 years now and I'm quite happy with it. I use it as a daily driver and I'm gettin about 400km's from a tank. Overall she's a lovely car to drive except for the pothole dodging with 17" rims in Galway!!!

Have mine about a two months now, 400km to a tank of slightly heavy footed driving, great power delivery and great across the mountains and bends and thats with the Standard Bilstein suspension set up :thumbsup: And much cheaper tom insure than Imprezas :thumbsup:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Subaru/Legacy/B4/1159222/
Man take it away!!! all I have is people ringing ,ah will you swap this and that all nct'd serviced with Subaru parts,Had her since Feb I bought it with the clutch going and replaced that and the knock sensor had to be replaced and since then last 10k kms have been fine, great car.

I need to sell as I'm setting up a company and need to clear the loan

Regards,
Barry

i've had mine nearly 3 years and there a gr8 car powerful and comfortable top end speed is great on them like if ur in 5th gear at 120kmh and floor it it will climb the clock in a few seconds if u lookin for super quick power u'd be better off goin for a STI impreza but if u want a nice drive with a plenty of power there when u need go for a legacy :thumbsup:

I looked at that black one in feb before i bought mine-theres a lot more wrong there than a chipped bumper-the whole car is as rough as a badgers ar*e.

Back