takeing the plunge

• Thread starter imprezaizdeadlea
  • Start date
I

imprezaizdeadlea

just wondering as im considering very much so to buy a scooby :) im dont know much about them only they look great, and are very fast :D
basicly i would most likel;y trasfer my insurence over onto it but anyone recommend anyone on insurence for a 22 yeor old male 2 years no claims and full liccence

now for the tech stuff, form you guys experience how much does it cost you on average a week on fuel? i travel 100ish miles to and from work a week and at the weekend would proberly go for owl spins here and there
also how much would i be looking at getting services (and best place for money and reliability to go?) i hear there cheaper then evo,s to service due to having no AYC

and tax, but guess thats unavoidable so ust have to pay it

anyway, the models i have in mine are imprezas but no bug eye ones (no offence) its just a car im a big fan of and wnat to have it the way i want it and im a bit of a obsevivie compulsive when it comes to littel small details

my budget is maxed to id say 15500 and im unsure of buying a stock one or slightly modded to fully modded car as some may not be to healty and given deagth

also what type of mileage should you avoid and stay clear of?

i would like a black one if i could get my hands on one but judgeing by carzone it will be blue, (not to into white) but if it was minty them happy days im sure
would a garage sale be better then a private sale
also anything to look out for (pros/cons/falts)

heres a few that cought my eye

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Subaru/Impreza/Type-R/1177442/

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Subaru/Impreza/STI-typeRv6/792388/

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Subaru/Impreza/2.0-WRX/1190385/

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Subaru/Impreza/WRX-STI/1089478/

any ideas, suggestions welcome

thanks in advance

The first blue type-r is a members car. The Hen is his username. Its a lovely example of a Type-R.

You won't go wrong with a members car. :thumbsup: :subaru:

they wont insure you till your 30 on a sti or type r so i was told on the phone.,

there are ways around it tho, i got insured in my sti an for cheap too :icon_nana: haha

a few of the members know the ways :thumbsup:

Heya...

Definatelty look at an ex members car... always looked after! :thumbsup: That navy type r v6 has been up on Carzone for 6 months if not more and price has dropped massively... bout 5k... could be something wrong! Be wary! I'd also be vary wary of buying from some of the less well known import places! :ponder2:

Transferring insurance is about the only way round the insurance companies as it's rally hard to start a new policy on these cars. At your age you may still have problems... and most won't touch turbo's full stop! Quinn are your best bet. If your already with em try transferring... but you would want to suss it out before you buy. Just ring em and tell em you what you wan to transfer to. By law they have to insure you if you have a policy with em.... but your age could be an issue??? Don't do the whole it's a non turbo lie bullshit... it will catch you out!

All Sti are thristy if driven with a heavy right foot.... it's hard not to. I think I put bout 200 yo yo's inot mine in my fist week. :shock2:

I've stopped using mine as an everyday car for commuting as i was getting low 20's and as low as 14 mpg when driven hard. :icon_omg: They can burn a hole in your wallet., and once you have the modifying bug.... you're fooked!!!! If the car's been well mantained and you've no cam belt due, your services through a recognised company... check out companies trading on ISDC... should'nt be too bad, but when stuff goes wrong with em they can cost a lot! Clutches, ECU's (remap the car if not already done so to run on Irish fuel... as blown engine could cripple you) and general wear and tear items can be pricey but you can shop around! Just avoid main dealers unless you know someone in the parts department who'll give you discounts! Always handy!!! :icon_biggrin:

A type R is the way to go if your a fan of the Classic shape cars! All the tasy stuff... Adjustable Diff, Group N gearbox, IC Spray, Blueprinted engines.... and unbelievable great handling cars.... and fooking quick to boot! :icon_grin:

Good luck!! :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

[quote author=mark c link=topic=9361.msg111345#msg111345 date=1220714184]
im insured with first ireland through axa for 1,522 euro in my own name and im 22 car sti type r :subaru:
[/quote]

i assume that TPF+T insurance????
:ponder2: :ponder2:

cheers for the replies guys and at tyre r v6 thats the info i was after

it seems to be easier to insure a legacy b4 something which im a fan of so i have a bit of thinking to do
still isnt an impreza but fun id imagine?

[quote author=Legy C link=topic=9361.msg111553#msg111553 date=1220858889]
Legacy insurance is far easier to get when your young. come to the dark side :smokin:
[/quote]
im trying lol waiting to hear back from first ireland, this could be the end of social life for me but who needs drink when you have a shitload of bhp :multijump:

so how would the legecys drive on a bendy back roads or are they more so for cruiseing? went to see a nice black one tonight but the battery was dead so didnt gt to drive it :(

i can insure the b4 for 1930 fully comp with quinn
how ever im waiting for to places to ring me back about impreza insurence
going looking at some lore leggys thursday, there so deadly but i havnt driven one proper :angry1:

im insured with quinn for 1450e, on my sti impreza (which is for sale on ere by the way) and im 22 with 4 yrs no claims and full liecense, i think they are prob the best company at given the lowest price for the likes of these cars, i doubt any other company will beat there price

Back