Car died on me last night

kbox

Octane Boostaholics
I was on my way to Youghal yesterday and my car died on me outside Portlaoise. Engine just lost power. It will start and run for 2-3 seconds then cut out.

I ran a manual diagnostics on it this morning and it gave code 22 which is knock sensor. Would tis top the engine from running? CEL flashed once briefly for a second yesterday but not when the engine died.

Any ideas?

Maf Sensor went I'd say. Have you a standard ECU. If you don't then the engine would just dye but if you do then it would go into limp mod. Happened to me when I had the Apexi in the classic. Would only turn over for around two seconds then cut out. I but back in the original ECU and she went into lomp mod which got me to Carroll and roche. They ran a check and the MAF sensor had gone. Put in a new MAF and the Apexi ECU and she was away in a hack again.

Hope this helps.

Nice meeting you in Carroll and Roche today. :thumbsup:

Hope the Knock and MAF sensors work for you mate. :pray: :subaru:

All done now. Sensors replaced. ECU reset and my car is not sick anymore!:653: :dance: Going for a spin now to top up my 3v. Its about time I paid my membership

Yeah I replaced the MAF sensor and the knock sensor. Car is running running perfectly thankfully. Did you get yuor car retested yet?

nope havent done a thing yet....
maybe service next week...
i thin i have until end of sept or pay full fee again...

Back