..Turbo Heat Shield..??

B

Beast4mdaeast

what's up lads & Lasses :thumbsup:
anouther Quick Question for yas??
Will the heat shield from my' VF28 Turbo' fit on a TD05 18G Turbo??...... if not what type of heat shield can be used??
has anybody ever used a 'CUSCO' heat shield iv seen them online before but it never said what Turbos they can be used with??

thanks' Stevo :thumbsup:

just found this..>> http://www.fastwrx.com/cutuhesh.html do ya think it will work with a TD05 18G???

haha no way it gets way to hot in the engine bay as it is'' even with it :icon_cry:

Its fairly easy to make the existing heat shield fit another turbo as I had to have my old heat shield modified to fit a larger bore downpipe and uprated turbo.

It sjust a matter if taking a metak snips and putting a 1 to 2 inch splice aling the center of it to allow it to bemnd more easily and then by trial and error keep trimming bits off of it until it fits over the turbo and downpipe making sure to drill any holes reuquired for attaching it before you fit it.

Alternatively you could just buy some heat wrap and wrap the turbo or go the whole hog and wrap the turbo and try and refit the heat shiled but that would be a b1tc*h of a job.

I've seen turbo "tea cosies" for sale on the net which fit neatly around the turbo. I'm not sure whether they are universal or whether you have to get a specific on for the type of turbo being fitted.

The heat under the bonnet after a blast without the heat shield is very high and the brake fluid resevoir is close enough to the turbo to soak this heat. Also the extra heat can lead to premature drying of the underbonnet hoses and increases induction temps so I would always re-fit the heart shield or wrap it to keep the engine bay temps to a minimum and reduce power loss.

Frawls

thanks for that lads' im deffo gona keep the heatshield on anyway!!
I might get the Cusco one......sure feck it if it needs triming or driling its all part of the fun :thumbsup:

lads, the turbo heatshield keeps the heat in the turbo where it should be, and away from the power steering reservoir where it shouldnt! its there for a reason!!

Have heat shield on mine but still gets very hot.
Must look at heat wrap. Would it be easy enough to uut on with a pit. And any point doing exhaust.?

:smokin:

Back