decatting

J

johnroake

my 96 wrc has just passed its nct so i went to take the cat out now, is there anything inparticular i have to do buy new pipes or anything or can i just take it to a garage and get him to take it out.

I think you need decatted downpipe - or you can always get a hammer and hit the can of cat untill all ceramics inside are gone ;)
But the second way will make you have no cat for the next nct to mount:)

Of course don't treat it too serious - look for a good decatted downpipe - the best with wide, bell "mouth"

thw wide bell "mouth" is the best option for my year car, is it a big job to get a garage to fit them.

I don't really think it's kind of big job for a mechanic in a garage - not too complicated technically, but may be a bit of work to remove old studs etc. I believe :)

wat does it give u extra, would u def notice the difference between having it in and having it out.

Cats out & remap should get you 30bhp.

You'll most certainly notice it - turbo spools up much quicker too :icon_headbang:

i might just do it then. and get my extra 30 bhp. that will bring the car up a nice bit, up to around 290'ish, would that be right

i would imagine you would get that kinda power after a de-cat but you would have to make 1 or 2 other adjustments aswell (mapping/boost) ? :dontknow:
just removing the cat itself and going noting else along with it would give u an extra bit of power but not as much as 30BHP .....i could be wrong tho :ponder2:

Yes,but becarefull where you buy exhausts from....some of them are not upto good quality..... :thumbsup:

try the lads in pro parts they have good stock at the moment i baught a few bits on monday in there..

I got a full system from Damo in street performance including decat ,im very happy with it :thumbsup: he will give you all the info you need to know

i fit one last night it was miltek about 2 hour to fit the full exhaust most of that fitting the down pipe, makes good bit more power id say 10 to 15 hp

n extra 30bhp would be the optimium, to be honest Id doubt you will see 30bhp power more with just that. You will notice more power, but very unlikely 30bhp more. I know it may not seem like alot, but 30bhp can be the difference between a fast scooby and a std one!

Cheers

Paddy

Back