new xsara

T

thedmann

i heard one of our major rally drivers has just went and purchased a few month old citroen Xsara wrc, can anyone shed light on this.
a nice piece of kit for whoever it is i might add

not heard who but i know someone has paid a 300 k sterling deposit for a wrc car but will not say wot it is, Boland has also put in for the new shape wrc focus for next year................ roll n the wrc guys, chance to see how our boys do against the big guns.... shud be very interestin...

Stephen Murphy has just bought a new WRC S11. Noel Redmond is testing the all new WRC S12 this weekend and if he likes it he will buy it. It will be the first S12 in the country! I have an invite to the testing but looks like I cant make it :cry:

Michael Barrable is sticking with his Focus WRC again this year but Donnelly is testing a new S12 also.

Frawls

its the version of the scooby they have built, eg evo 1 - 2 - 3-4 -5 -6 7 -8 an so on, subaru go s 1 s 2 s 3 and so on.

hope this helps

me thinks i will have to correct me self, dont think subaru use the number 13, bad luck, think they will go to 14

i apologise for my discrepency   :computer:

The S 12 is the WRC car. Subaru will only supply WRC cars to private customers that are a year behind the spec they are currently running in the WRC. The S 12 is the first of the new shape WRC cars available to private customers. Unlike the S11 it does not run active diffs as they have been banned in the WRC so the S11 may actually be faster in certain circumstances (the S12 has 40bhp more than the S11 or so I'm told).

In any event the S12 is a stunner especially in full road trim. It's just a pity that they couldn't get the gearbox to last more than 40 "stage miles" in this years WRC.

Frawls

Back