saxo vtr

northdublin

Petrolheads
have my saxo vtr up for sale. its a 2000 in blue with 15'' wolfrace wheels and new tyres. recently put trough the nct, failed on wheel bearing and back bushes. wheel bearing replaced and bushes on the way. runs very well but body work needs some tlc. recently serviced and timing belted, ive owed the car from new and was in storage for 2 years so should have lower milage then cars of a similar age. im looking for 1800 euro ono

What are these things like to go? Might be looking for a cheap run around, the scooby is costing me 20 quid a day to get to work and back!! :|

@hiwd......there quick enough......i used to think it was sh1t quick untill i got into the leggy.

@ swordsman........ill be washing it later and ill throw a few pics up then.

a few pics :thumbsup:
042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=9224.msg109589#msg109589 date=1220215386]
honestly you would sell that easier if it was standard
[/quote]
probably :wall:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=9224.msg109656#msg109656 date=1220252866]
What mileage do you get from a full tank and how big is the tank?
[/quote]
not sure......when i was doin the same run as im doin now in the legacy i was putting 40/50 euro in a week and that included weekends. a full tank at the moment would cost about 50 euro.........best guestimate

its a 1.4 8 valve........if it had off been a vts ied be stripping it out to have some cheap fun on the track. still a nippy car but not nippy enough for mondello :icon_biggrin:

ya some of the vtr are 1.6 like the peugeot 106 rallye with 100 bhp,great little track car,sorry lookin 1.6.thanks ill keep the word out for ya

no i didnt bother bringing it back........waste of time. it failed on the wheel bearing and rear bushes......i replaced the wheel bearing for the second time and i had a look at the bushes along with a mechanic and couldnt find anything wrong with them. i think the dick in the test centre took the movement in the suspension to be a fault and blamed it on the bushes but the only bushes we could find were on the shocks and there fine???????? saxos dont have antiroll bars or swing arms on the back so there arent any other bushes, just a big rear axel that has bump stops on it for when you ground the car. i could go on a mad one about the nct but im not goin to, the car has driven perfectly for me for 8 years and it pisses me off that some cnut with broken english could fail it on something the car doesnt have.
ps the first wheel bearing i replaced i got in halfords and didnt take the strain of being pressed into the hub, the second i got from citroen and no probs

bump......if anyone directly helps me shift this car ill give them a healthy donation. need to get rid of it, thinkin of selin the b4 and need this to go so i can go after the car i really want.

Back