r.i.p. 3 engines

tractorman

Where have we gone wrong.
tractorman = ENGINE BLOWN, alot of detonation just before hand.
gt performance = ENGINE BLOWN, alot of detonation just before hand
John M = ENGINE BLOWN, alot of detonation just before hand.

3 guys that love and cherish there cars and use octane booster and got remaps by Andy Forrest.
What would you guys advise doing differently when the cars are up and running perfectly again?
other than trade in for a Volvo.......

Tractorman

[quote author=kildare scooby link=topic=1020.msg8445#msg8445 date=1165962871]
getting an uprated oil pump
[/quote]

John M was big end and can still happen even with modified oil pump.

yah i know nothin is unbreakable its just bad luck :hang:

Ive had 5 or 6 people onto me in the last 3 weeks with blown engines.

three anyway the first post states that but i dont think having the car remapped would affect the big ends obviously it would with the pistons

because of the huge amount of heat caused by det the conrod heats up this heat is then transfered to the big ends where the oil is then burned away causing the big ends to run dry, this is known to happen to both jap imports and Irish cars...but jap cars are more prone to it because of the fuel problem.....

I have been through 4 engines.  1st mapping and melted piston using a superchips chip. bad idea. , Second was second hand engine which done big ends after 900miles found out was outta crashed rolled car meaning prob ran oil starved upside down meaning when i got it was on brink of big end failure even though sounded sweet so never a second hand engine again,  Third oil low so my own fault so i'm a big thicko from the island, 4 th was melted piston again with no mapping..............  All explainable...............   owner error...............

always a good idea to use a genuine filter as some aftermarket ones are know to cause oil starvation. the back two cylinders are the most likely to give problems weather it be from a fuel or oil point of view.

They where all Jap Imports and 1 was mapped. I have my own theory to why the mapped one failed though. They where only in the last few weeks there has been alot more.  After speaking to so many people and friends over the years who it has happend to ive always asked the same questions and and there is ALWAYS 1 of 3 or 4 major patterns they all follow apart from the Jap import fuel rating and IMO why they fail but these are just my own thoughts.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Oh yeah forgot to mention this was years ago when no one knew anything. :cry: :cry: :cry: :angry: :angry: Intelligent now though??? :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Renno you beat me to it !!!
If your going to map a car i would recomend
also getting a new fuel pump & fuel pressure regulator.

and maybe a boost controller

Niall.

Back