Power Gains from Decat donwpipe

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Just wondering what the differences in power gains would be if i went for :

just a catless downpipe (+ uprated fuel pump and tweak map)

catless downpipe and centre section (+ uprated fuel pump and tweak map)

Not looking for Crazy power gains but if there is only going to be minimal power gains from catless centre section, i might not bother.

Any other routes i can go down? to free up a bit of power?

As soon as you buy a Scoob get the cat's and fook them
in the bin (keep safe for NCT :smile:).............they are quiet restricitve .

Remove all the cat's , Uprated fuel pump, Re-Map , Air Filter and your sorted.
as Dave said a new Turbo will definitly make a big differnce.

Jap Import's normally come with the VF series of turbo's fitted.

Niall.

just found out off the Singapore Legacy club that there is only a cat in the downpipe and not the centre section so happy days on that! i think i will hold off on the different turbo for now as i remember Dave saying that you would be on the limits of the gearbox and clutch with the vf36/37 which i don't want.

De-cat downpipe would make 20-25bhp difference, More important than that, is she'd be more responsive and spool up earlier in the rev range!
So panel filter, de-cat full system, 255lph fuel pump, maybe a 3port boost solinoid, Remap and that's as good as it gets!!
I'd defo consider the VF36 (blob eye STI i think) they are relitively cheap to buy, and at least you car would be forfilling her potential,
I wouldn't worry about over welming the gearbox and stuff, Dave's probibly just being over cautious,
It's not like you're going to be drag racing all day! But it would be nice to have the extra overtaking potential!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=9156.msg108821#msg108821 date=1219928697]
De-cat downpipe would make 20-25bhp difference, More important than that, is she'd be more responsive and spool up earlier in the rev range!
So panel filter, de-cat full system, 255lph fuel pump, maybe a 3port boost solinoid, Remap and that's as good as it gets!!

[/quote]

what difference does the 3 port boost solenoid make?

More accurate boost control!
Made a big difference to my car with the 20g turbo, It comes on boost smoothly and stays at full boost later in the rev range!
Some cars have as standard, I sure dave can advise!
Dan

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=9156.msg108833#msg108833 date=1219931512]
or could get my hands on one of these S204 Turbo VF42, now that would be nice!
[/quote]

be a waste without a rebuild for a forged bottom end..what can the stanard block take safely on the BL's? wouldnt imagine it much more than 310-315 if even..
you could probably get 300 from your standard turbo with the right exhaust no cats and boosting 1.2-.13 bar just guessing here but seesm feasible enough

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=9156.msg108846#msg108846 date=1219934784]
[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=9156.msg108833#msg108833 date=1219931512]
or could get my hands on one of these S204 Turbo VF42, now that would be nice!
[/quote]

be a waste without a rebuild for a forged bottom end..what can the stanard block take safely on the BL's? wouldnt imagine it much more than 310-315 if even..
you could probably get 300 from your standard turbo with the right exhaust no cats and boosting 1.2-.13 bar just guessing here but seesm feasible enough
[/quote]

I know, i was just looking for used turbo's online and came across that. Too much would need changing to get it working on my yoke. Think I'll order the catless downpipe for now and a Walbro fuel pump and get a tweak map once fitted

Back