Tesco 99

J

jayd

Do you think we will be lucky enough to see Tesco 99 octane fuel this side of the Irish sea????
Would it be worth approching Tesco Ireland with a pertition(spelling) to see if they will start selling it in Ireland? :pray: :pray: :pray:

God i love it to happen, atm i filling up on shell v-power e1.05 a liter at the kylemore rd and using octane boosters

No its just "more pure" or so they say. Personally I wouldn't waste my money on it. Just use Lucas Octane booster which most of the lads on here use.

I thought it was 97, will check later when i go down and fill up the car. Plus 5c isnt that big of a deal so i fill up on it when ever i can, only problem being not mny shell garages out side of dublin sell it so i always have a spare bottle of booster in the glove box when i gotta fill up on regular

Ok scrap that last comment of mine!! Its 95 octane!! It must be 99 in the UK or something cause different sites say different things!! Quess Ill just have to ask next time im in

This is what the UK site says:
In developing Shell V-Power we have built on the highly successful performance platform achieved with Shell Optimax. Shell V-Power is designed to provide even higher levels of performance and bring drivers further enhancements in responsiveness. The improved formulation features higher octane (99 RON), higher detergency and use of Shell's unique Friction Modification Technology, as used by the Ferrari Formula One team in its 2006 Race fuels.

This is what it says about the irish fuel
http://www.shell.com/static/ie-en/downloads/vpowertechleaflet.pdf :angry:

Lads under no circuminstances should you
mix octane booster and Shell V-power or TexacoTechron.

Basically the cleaning additives counter-act the octane booster.
See post on Techron in members section.

Myself and John barley made it home after the RR day

As for SUL or 99RON here..... no way.
The Irish government tax petroll on it's RON ratting as opposed to most
other EU countries who tax fuel on it's damage to the enviroment etc.
or something like that :ponder: :ponder:
So not going to happen im afraid

Niall.

shell super is 97 ron, well it is up noooorth....... then ya have shell super plus,  its supposed to be 99 ron.............  this seams to be a very unsure subject with regards to fueling, shell, bp, do not give a lot of information with regards to fuel grading, maybe as a club we could ask these companies to advise of fueling grades and where available.
:dunno:

we have a new shell station opened local and i went an got a full tank of super, and boy the car goes like stink, have asked the owner to find out about the fuel grades and to try and find out more obout the shell super plus...... :ponder:

Not knowing anything about V-Power at the time, I pulled into the Shell garage in Ennis the other day and thought I'd give it a try. I don't know what octane it is, but my engine sure seems to be running better on it anyway. So I went in again and filled up today :thumbsup:

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=1015.msg17862#msg17862 date=1176164113]in your mind mate... its 95 with a cleaning additive........[/quote]
So why do you think it doesn't need cleaning ... ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=1015.msg17873#msg17873 date=1176165572]are you dirty.......... ha ha[/quote]

Not since I had a shower earlier :p, but I might have got some dirty petrol or something. The engine has seemed slow to pick up lately, but seems better now.

Mind you, the car hasn't had a service since I bought it in November (the weather's been too bad to do anything outside) so that might help! :whistle:

and no not each tank absolutely not... V-Rip-Off-

Especially when I'd have to drive half an hour there, and half an hour back, to fill up!!!!! :roll:

V-Power made an immediate noticeable difference when I drove my 2.0 GL, tried it in the WRX and nada :( As Dave said it's 95 with a bit of Cillit Bang thrown in...

home_promo_left.jpg

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=1015.msg8371#msg8371 date=1165949118]
God i love it to happen, atm i filling up on shell v-power e1.05 a liter at the kylemore rd and using octane boosters
[/quote]

they say that octane boosters constantly used damager the lamda sensor

Back