She's Overheating!!!!!!!

R

Richiesham

Hey gang how ye all doin?K i'm in trouble,my Leggy GT is overheating :icon_hang:At first it was only in traffic but last night she hit da red while drivin home from town (bout 3-4 mils) I checked da radiator and intercooler both were cold!!!!Think it my be da water pump gone?Am i right in sayin that?Help!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry1: :angry1:

i'd get the thermostat checked lad!!!!!!!!
if the pump was the problem...it would overheat in traffic but not nessecarily while driving!!!
avoid drivin til you have her checked
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

unlikely the water pump. Change the coolant and bleed the system. The rad might just be blocked.

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=9052.msg107271#msg107271 date=1219409610]
i'd get the thermostat checked lad!!!!!!!!
if the pump was the problem...it would overheat in traffic but not nessecarily while driving!!!
avoid drivin til you have her checked
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Cheers lads :beerbang:
Could be dat alright coz da 2 temp gauges did differ and conflict a little bit!!!Tho both were hot
Glad to here it prob not da pump :icon_grin: pumpin way too much cash into her as it is without that aswell :hammerhead:

I went through two new thermostats to discover it was just the rad blocked. So check that first. Pull the hoses off the top and bottom and check for an air lock.

Havin the same prob as you mate, could be a hole in the rad, fill it to the brim with coolant and have a look round the rad for any steam escaping,no harm in ruling it out :thumbsup:

lads double check the end tanks on each side of the radiator!!... On the clasic Impreza there only made of plastic and after time they start to crack!!... I first noticed my water temp gauge was a bit higher than usual but I tought it was just the Summer heat? and a few hours later the fookn gauge was in the red!!!!... I just caught it in time thank God" and got a new rad that weekend!!....so double check just to be sure.

I was around mine with a magnifyin glass lol turns out there was a hole in the rad :icon_sad: will be gettin a shiney new one shortly :dance:

[quote author=B4_RSK link=topic=9052.msg107387#msg107387 date=1219442597]
I was around mine with a magnifyin glass lol turns out there was a hole in the rad :icon_sad: will be gettin a shiney new one shortly :dance:
[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, how much do new rads go for??

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=9052.msg107277#msg107277 date=1219410234]
I went through two new thermostats to discover it was just the rad blocked. So check that first. Pull the hoses off the top and bottom and check for an air lock.
[/quote]

On da ball Andy that's all it was had a Mech check it on Fri there was an airlock so da rad wasn't coolin her + she was a little low on water :icon_grin:
Cheers for all da hel lads :subaru:

Well lads regardin a new rad, only got 1 for mine dere 2 wks ago and it was €310. Not too sure where it came from but if ye need 2 know i can find out.. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Richiesham link=topic=9052.msg108182#msg108182 date=1219771493]
On the ball Andy that's all it was had a Mech check it on Fri there was an airlock so the rad wasn't coolin her + she was a little low on water :icon_grin:
Cheers for all the hel lads :subaru:
[/quote]

Good stuff.

Back