Maguires Detailer (Just a bit of help wanted)

nicknack

Petrolheads
Was out with a friend last night and he had a bottle a this stuff from halfords.

I've tried to bring up the shine on my car in the past by t-cutting it and then polish and then it came up fairly good, but i just want that little bit more, i dont think its at its peak yet of shine!

So just wondering if it is worth going out and buying this bottle stuff, will it bring up more of a shine on my car and have it gleaming.

and also am i right in doing it myself?

Cheers lads :roll:

the detailer is more what you'd use for a quick spit-shine (if youre not arsed doin the full wash lol) but also its main purpose is as a lubricant for the meguiars clay bar, which any of the lads will tell you is fooking amazing :) defo well worth doin yourself mate :thumbsup:

Clay bar + Detailer and then a coat of wax...best two hours you'll ever spend on the car! You really can't explain how the paint feels after it but its amazing! :thumbsup:

I use this to give the car a quick spit and shine or too lubricate the clay bar!
Id go for the ''Speed Detailer'' over the 'Quick Detailer'' as i find it rubs off easier and leaves less streaks :thumbsup:

(p.s. car is looking very well in MIJ mag :thumbsup:)

Have the same as Erick. Only used once and excellent.Takes some time to do.Like polishing the car 3 times.Well worth the reslts

:smokin:

I did the boot today on my dinner brake. Great job alright. As Carlo said though your going over the car five times by the time your finished.

Wash, Dry, Clean, Polish, Wax.

Lucky I got the car washed yesterday.

I'll do the rest of the car tomorrow as i said if it stays dry.

Some differance between the boot and the spoiler though.

I cant wait to try this, will have it done for jap fest so by the sounds of it.

Sounds like its the dogs, anyone ever do it on a white car on here?

[quote author=nicknack link=topic=9033.msg107359#msg107359 date=1219436364]
I cant wait to try this, will have it done for jap fest so by the sounds of it.

Sounds like its the dogs, anyone ever do it on a white car on here?
[/quote]

Yeah nic spec c did it on his car. Shine was amazing but it was the touch that was most impressive, unnaturally smooth :shock2:

Got the bonnet, roof ,boot and spoiler done yesterday and then it rained.

I was delighted with the results I got from the 3 step.The car was cleaner then it's been in my ownership. The Blue metalic came through great, but Idon't think I'll be happy until I clay bar it then do the 3 step.

I think thats the way to go.

The three step is brilliant but I'd recommend the claybar over the paint cleaner, does a much better job! But the polish and wax works wonders!!

Where can i pick up a clay bar lads? Halfords in Drogheda never seem to have it when i go looking.

Halfords in Tallaght or Liffey Valley. Have you asked them to order it in for ya? Its well worth the 37 notes. Your gold fleck will look mint after a claybar and wax session! :thumbsup: If ya cant get one up there gimme a shout I'll pick one up and arrange to meet you.

Rob

i t-cutted the car on sunday and used the stage 3 meguires wax and i have to say i was very very impressed car came out beautiful i took a few pic i'll try get them up soon

just found 2 used Meguiars clay bars in the drawer yesterday. :icon_headbang: Can you do any damage to your paint with the clay bar or is it idiot proof :hammerhead:

I have th 3 step stuff too, only got the step 1 done, will replace that with the claybar instead and then try the other 2 steps

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=9033.msg108486#msg108486 date=1219849587]
just found 2 used Meguiars clay bars in the drawer yesterday. :icon_headbang: Can you do any damage to your paint with the clay bar or is it idiot proof :hammerhead:

I have th 3 step stuff too, only got the step 1 done, will replace that with the claybar instead and then try the other 2 steps
[/quote]

just use plenty of lubricant.. ie. quick detailer etc, and you cant go wrong

Back