Handbrake light coming on

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
As above, hadnt started the car in 2 days until this evening... then i dropped the handbrake and drove off and the light keeps coming on and going off... have started and stopped a few times this evening now and everytime it just comes on and goes off when im driving with the handbrake fully down, seems to be random and havent noticed anything up with the car... nothin like this has ever happened before... anyone know what could cause it?

You mean the handbrake shoe? Had the rear disks off last week and there seemed to be plenty left on them

I thought that a handbrake flashing light had somethin to do with the altenator??think there was a thread on this a while back :ponder2: :ponder2:

thought there was something like that alright but i thought there was another warning light that goes with it??

Handbrake light is also a low brake fluid warning light, the reason it would go on and off while driving is because the angle of the car (and level of fluid) changes as you drive. top her up, but check pipes etc for leaks :thumbsup:

Thats it lads, just stopped off at the garage on the way home from work and its the first thing they said. It wasnt below the low level marker or anything but put literally only about 25ml into it and its gone completely now. I'm saving up to join the AA now..

Cheers lads :thumbsup:

Back