Mondello Sunday

johnny99

Middle Lane Hogs
Anyone going to Monello this Sunday. Pro-Drift and Time Atack. We are currently only 1 point ahead of Martin Tracey of Westward with Brian and the Evo. Philip is currently 3rd in the standing's. We must try hard to Keep CDA and JStone Racing behind Philip. Brendan is now pushing 300bhp from the Civic and will be a handful. The rain will play a part tomorrow. Brian likes the wet and Martin doesen't, Philip has gone well in the wet before.

A day of nerves for the top 5 runners in the title chase,,

John

Timetable

Mondello Park Time Attack Event August 17th 2008
Mondello Park National Circuit

Event Timetable-1

07:45 Sign –On & Scrutiny

09.00am Time Attack Practice 30 mins

11.00am Time Attack Qualifying 30 mins

02.00pm Time Attack Final 30 mins

It may run a little late due to the amount of rain today

John

Dry in most areas this morning, with bright or sunny spells and just a few scattered patches of rain or drizzle. More persistent rain will develop along west and southwest coasts and will extend gradually eastwards as the day progresses, turning heavier in many areas in the afternoon and evening, with a risk of some flooding in places. Maximum temperatures 15 to 18 Celsius, in a fresh to strong southerly wind.

Weather is looking better, hoping for a wet final,,

John

Well what a day. Started out fairly wet, so set up both cars for the track. We were there at 7:30, so get both drivers to sign on and get the cars through scutiny. Then back to the garagea and set up both cars for the wet an have them on track for 9:00, tight but ready. Brian had a difficult time on track, probobly due to the pressure of where we are in the title chase. Philip was well relaxed and had a good consistent time on track. Brian managed a good lap but was 1 second off Martins fastest lap.

About 45 minutes before the second session we decided it wasn't going to rain, so dry set-up for both cars. Brian was pushing a little too hard, but finished on top of the timesheet, 1.177 seconds ahead of Martin in second. Well it was a better session for us as I felt as much pressure as Brian, and maybe it was starting to show. Meanwhile Philip was telling us how much he was enjoying the car, and never had as much fun. He was in 4th position, at something like 0.042 seconds ahead of Brendan Stone in the Civic.

Final. Pressure on. Keep Brian as calm as possible ( I was very on edge myself ), and telling him it dosent matter where he finish's, as long as it's ahead of Martin. We had stiffened both cars. Philip was mad to go, and relaxed, he has to be ahead of Stone, so he can nail 3rd in the championship. Off went and Brian and Martin both nailed very fast laps for the conditions early. Martin was fastest first, and the Brian by a tenth or 2. Philip was doing well, going faster every few laps. On the timing screen it was Brian, Martin, Philip, Brendan and Sam from Performance Subaru (guest driver). Only 1 tenth seperated the top 5. There was only 0.013 between Brian and Martin, and I was shitting myself. Brian was in the lead but not much. Then, out of the blue, Philip sticks in a stonking lap of 1:01:647, and then Stone does a 1:01:696. Martin and Brian were probly pushin a bit harder than they should and it ended at that, what a day, bloody hell.

Samuel Kerr, Performance Subaru, 1.00.489
Philip Burdock, Burdock Flooring/JOMO 1.01.647
Brendan Stone, J Stone Racing 1.01.696
Brian Sexton, JOMO 1.01.823
Martin Treacy, Westward 1.01.836
Robert Thornton, TDP 1.02.725
Shane Rabbitt 1.03.420
Joe Foley 1.04.989
Dean Reilly 1.05.082
James Hughes 1.05.131
Neill Dunne 1.06.803
Keith Quille 1.09.605
Chris O Connor 1.12.874

All driver's done a fantastic job, and also congrat's to Sam Kerr who won the final, on his first time in Mondello, he looked iffy in the morning in the wet, and gathered himself very well. Very well finished car, and a nice bunch of lads, try and come for Japfest. Congrats to Philip on his podium and 15 points today, job well done. Brian is now 2 points ahead of Martin, and leaing the championship, and Philip is pretty sure of 3rd

Championship will go to the wire at Japfest, another day of big pressure for Brian and Martin, oh and me,,,

John

great day!! :clap::thumbsup: life should be like this day everyday :hammerhead: noticed a couple of the crew was down there forester sti & wrx & sti & wrx & sti & wrx :tongue:COME ON JAPFEST :653: :653: :653: :653: :653: :multijump: :subaru:

Well done lads!
Was graet racing, very entertaining, My Daughter Ciara (3yr old) loved the "orange racing cars" (phillip and sam) :subaru:
Fair play lads :thumbsup:
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=8929.msg106211#msg106211 date=1219016685]
Well done lads!
Was graet racing, very entertaining, My Daughter Ciara (3yr old) loved the "orange racing cars" (phillip and sam) :subaru:
Fair play lads :thumbsup:
Dan
[/quote]

She was right, first and second, "orange cars". How to win, paint it orange,

John

Well done to all involved, And welll done to Sam Ker winning it on only his first attempt :thumbsup:

Top 10 positions in the Time Attack Championship, heading into Japfest on Sept 7th,,,

PRO CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP POSITIONS FOLLOWING ROUND 5
Pos Driver /Car Rnd 1 Rnd 2 Rnd 3 Rnd 4 Rnd 5 Rnd 6 Total Total (1 Score Dropped)
1 Brian Sexton Mitsubishi Evo/JOMO 13 14 14 13 13 67 54
2 Martin Tracey Mitsubishi Evo/Westward 14 13 13 11 12 63 52
3 Philip Burdock Subaru Impreza/Burdock JOMO 12 - 12 10 16 50 50
4 Brendan Stone Honda Civic TypeR/JStone - - 11 12 14 37 37
5 James Hughes Vauxhall Nova/Ind - 7 10 9 9 35 35
6 Sonny Boyd Mitsubishi Evo 6/CDA 16 16 - - - 32 32
7 David Kerrigan/ Honda Civic CRX /T Factory - - 16 14 - 30 30
8 Robbie Thornton/Nissan Skyline/TDP/Ind - - - 16 11 27 27
9 Shane Rabbitt/ Mazda RX7Ind - 12 - - 10 22 22
10 Robbie Barber/ Honda Jazz/Icetronix - 11 9 - - 20 20

Promises to be a hell of a weekend

John