New Subaru Maniac... introduces himself :)

Codders

Member Number 162Full ISDC Members 2015
Hi Guys,

My name is Peter I'm 27, Impreza classic is something what I always wanted to have... for me It's not simply the car... it's the symbol, style of LIFE.

For about 10 Years I owned the VW Scirocco GTI mk2 (which is not very popular in Ireland) It's time to put into the garage sth more reliable :>
I would be glad joining your elitary club soon... But first of all I need some your help/ advice...

What I'm interested in is BLUE 98-2000 STI coupe in good shape. I'm still searching the internet advertisements, carzone.ie etc. but would really appreciate your suggestions/ advices.
If you know about something ... Give me a shout please! I can run with 15k Eur.

Cheers...

Welcome to the site :thumbsup: You've made a good decision in choosing a type R coupe Impreza. I'm afraid you won't get anything over 1998 for €15k
You might get a decent 1998 Version 4 for that but they are very pricey. 2 doors are rare and hard to come by. It took me 4 months to find one I wanted, I got a 98 Version 5 in august and paid 17k for her. That was straight in from Japan so I am the first Irish owner on it so I'd say you might get one second hand registered one for 16k.
Its well worth it tho and you get a bit of street cred you receive having a Coupe. :worship:
Mine is blue but I prefere Gun metal grey. Colour is up to your own personal preferance. :ponder:

Best of luck mate,
Shane.
:subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

I second what maximus says. Since I was old enough to know what a car was I have always wanted an Impreza. I have a 98 Version 5 type R coupe in blue. Got it straight from Japan and paid 18K for it. Took me 3 months to find one I wanted.

If you want to get the best Impreza then its either that one or a 22B.

Good luck with your search.

The price does seem a bit on the steep side for that one.
Try this link: http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=477792
Sean Byrne is the dealer. He's a bit of a looper but is alright. He'll put it down as a MICRA if ya want!! :lol: ah no but he always has in his ad's "can be put down as 1.6 on log book"! :shock:
I know its far especially if you don't take the car. Call him up and tell him your situation as in you are far away. Try to make a deal over the phone before you go over and ask him to tell you everything you nee to know about the car engine or damage-wise. He is cheap but genuine. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Codders link=topic=993.msg8150#msg8150 date=1165520067]
Thanks mates!

Gerry: Your friends scoob is cool, but I want BLUE.. only :oops:

Maximus and AndyC: Your Type-Rs are the ones I'the like to buy like. :worship: amazing!

What dyou think about this one? http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=451362

Not lucky for me most of the cars' sales are in Dublin. I live in Kerry, so it's much more difficult to search over here.

[/quote]

that car is for sale a while there too.. my mate bought his white one off sean byrne.. never mind there asking price they can knock plenty off and still make money

Welcome mate :thumbsup:

A mate of mine has a 1999 STI Type R V Limited Blue that he is about to sell at a very very good price if you want to give me a shout 0879353088. Only for its 2 door id bite his hand off him for it but I need 4 door.

Damo

[quote author=sc00by555 link=topic=993.msg8169#msg8169 date=1165524901]
Welcome Codders, hope you get yourself the Scooby of your dreams and stick around and join in the fun :subaru:
[/quote]

Thanks mate, I'm reading this forum for a long time, now it's time to join :) You won't get rid of me so easy :D

[quote author=P1 Alan link=topic=993.msg8159#msg8159 date=1165522730]

Ahemmm I might have something to say about that.... :D ;) :twofinger:

Alan.
[/quote]

Hahah easy man, Evryone knows that P1 is the king ^_^

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=993.msg8166#msg8166 date=1165523415]
Welcome mate :thumbsup:

A mate of mine has a 1999 STI Type R V Limited Blue that he is about to sell at a very very good price if you want to give me a shout 0879353088. Only for its 2 door id bite his hand off him for it but I need 4 door.

Damo
[/quote]

Woow.. I'm going to give You a call tomoro.

Well... Hi again
Now after round 2 years of time, I'm coming back... again

For those who don't know yet... with ex Hen's Type-R ver5 onboard :)

2 years of waiting, but worth the hassle :)

You got a cracker of a car there wih the hens. Best of luck with it.

Good buy mate, beautiful looking car & with the fresh rebuild you should be happy out for the next few years

Back