De Cat an the law

gerry

Octane Boostaholics
is it legal to be going around in a car with no cat.. I know it won't pass on nct test

well lets say you had a crash and the insurance company sent someone to look at car...

I reckon they will check the damage and wont look at the down pipe to be honest. And ifthey did he prob wouldent know what it is anyway.

it is illegal definitely but gettin caught and done for havin a de-cat is 1 in a million. insurance accessors are gettin cageyer by the day and will try do anything to get around paying out. the only way around it is to report every modification to your insurance company to be 100% safe. personally i wouldnt bother but thats just me

George

well i may have been sold a car with no cat.. which can't be legal.. gettin it checked on Thursday..

They may not have even known :dunno:

I suppose if you really wanted a cat you could ask them to supply you with one as it won't pass tests???

Alan.

Well surely your not gonna go back to garage just about that. Thats prob a bit much. As far as i know they are not at any fault as most import places are SIMI registered and sell imports with full exhausts all day long.

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=972.msg7985#msg7985 date=1165355807]
Well surely your not gonna go back to garage just about that. Thats prob a bit much. As far as i know they are not at any fault as most import places are SIMI registered and sell imports with full exhausts all day long.
[/quote]

Well do ya think I'm gonna pay for a cat to pass the nct. They cost more than just a few quid.

you worry to much mate.......we all have things that we are not supposed to have or that your insurance company knows nothing about. get the car checked out first or have a look yourself and see if you have a cat or not.

lol ya do worry a bit I must admit

thanks alot for the offer Scoobyke.. might be takin you up on that

well long story but my exhaust is ok.. but I did find out my cars history and some of the dodget goings on with dealers.. got my eyes opened today thats for sure. luckily for me the car is 100% and was looked after proper but boy could you get caught out

Back