Gauges and wires head wrecked

X

xthe-stig

I'm sure you's have all been asked this a hundred times before but here goes,

The wrx we bought has 60mm greddy gauges and a datalink installed, but they're not wired, i wanna run them through the cigarette lighter, so where should i connect the following wires on the lighter
red is 12v constant
orange is ignition wire
white is illumination wire
black is ground

They were originally ran through the stock radio but they keep blowing fuses when the lights are turned on or when you use the wipers, also original stock radio has been removed and i'm not cutting into the new loom

Join red and orange to the live goin to the cig lighter and the white to the bulb for the cig lighter surround and ground the black :ponder2:

[quote author=scoobyDel link=topic=8756.msg104265#msg104265 date=1218143411]
If you join the red and orange to a constant live the flippin thing'll never turn off...
[/quote]

Power stops goin to the cig lighter when ignition is turned off in an impreza :cuckoo:

Great auld cig lighter, if your worried maybe have 1 seperate 10amp fuse jointed on to the cig lighter live wire. :thumbsup:

connect it up to the radio so it will switch off when you turn off the car. :thumbsup:

you could even put a switch along the power wire iff you dont fancy keeping it on all the time. :dontknow:

Back