Oil change

R

Richiesham

Hey gang,gonna do an oil and filter change tommorrow and just want to ask if there is anything different i need to do than on a non turbo car or is it the same as any car?Hav done loads in the past on my previous cars but never had a turbo before,just bein careful :wazzup:

Nothing different. Open oil cap unsrew sump nut drop oil, take off the filter. Fill the new filter with oil making sure you get all the air out while the oil drains from the engine. Oil the rubber around the lip of the filter with your finger, Screw home the Sump nut with new washer. But on the new filter. Fill the engine to required level. Place back on the Oil cap. Turn over engine with out starting a few times so as it doesn't dry start. Theres a thing behind the rad you can disconect to do this but not sure what it is. I normally just turn the key so it kicks but donlt let it start. and your done.

the thing behind the rad is the crank sensor, or you can pull the fuse for the fuel pump. also fill the oil filter with oil before you put it on :thumbsup:

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=8727.msg103766#msg103766 date=1218045300]
Fill the new filter with oil making sure you get all the air out while the oil drains from the engine. [/quote]

Said that bit about the oil filter. :icon_grin:

[quote author=RS-RA link=topic=8727.msg103924#msg103924 date=1218057734]
the thing behind the rad is the crank sensor, or you can pull the fuse for the fuel pump. [/quote]

Thanks for the crank sensor info. :dance: was told before what it was by Martin Tracey but forgot what he called it and didn't trust myself with disconnecting it when the next service came around. :thumbsup: :subaru:

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=8727.msg103943#msg103943 date=1218058681]
[quote author=ericsti link=topic=8727.msg103766#msg103766 date=1218045300]
Fill the new filter with oil making sure you get all the air out while the oil drains from the engine. [/quote]

Said that bit about the oil filter. :icon_grin:

Fair play eric, no flies on you mate :thumbsup:

Back