track day 4-8-08

keith555

Octane Boostaholics
headed down to the after noon session with duffman to check out philips time attack car doing a bit off testing.

good turn out as usual from the club and we spent the day with eric wrx and doug v-limited and had a good chat and good laugh looking at some mad(106 driver) :headbanger: and pieces off shite out on track. :doh:

seen briansti and nic spec c motors in the car park but didnt see you guys inside. think it was ian flynns st fiesta there as well. :ponder:

b4heaven was out driving well agan today and pretty quick as well fair pla mate some noise out off that prelude. :thumbsup:

have to say philip the car looks the dogs and goes like a rocket so good luck in the next events and the rest off the year. :thumbsup:

here are a few pics off philips motor and 2 vids :thumbsup:

DSCF1386.jpg

DSCF1389.jpg

DSCF1390.jpg

DSCF1391.jpg

DSCF1393.jpg

DSCF1397.jpg

DSCF1398.jpg

DSCF1399.jpg

nic spec c/brian sti/?

DSCF1387.jpg

shockin wheels in the car park
DSCF1405.jpg

Was down at dunlop too watching that absolute gobshite in the 106, was full sure he was gonna roll it.

Myself & nic were there from early so headed on in the early afternoon, saw duffmans fiat on the way out but didn't see you boys.

We were out with Dan in the morning session, did a bit of pit-crewing for him & got a spin for our troubles, he's still as mad as ever on the track :lol:

Good man Keith, some nice shots there :thumbsup: yeah it was a good day and the weather dry thank god....really lookin forward to japfest now after that little taster :D hope i can get the car "track ready" in time :pray: :subaru:
Still can't get duffmans integrale out of my head :shock:.......pure class

Still can't believe how clean your car was doug, why couldn't I find a type r that clean when I was shopping last time :dunno:

Yeah Dufman, today I "only" have the Intregle.

We got some good work done today, Philip is a lot happier since we got the top mounts and larger rear bar on the car. Spent the day getting used to the new suspension on Brian's car as well. Looking forward to next round.

Brian gave people some rides, one conversation went like,,

Passenger,Thank's man
Brian, no problem
Passenger, jesus, it's bloody quick
Brian, I'm only warming the tyre's
Passenger, Oh shite,

Poor chap spent most of the laps looking for a brake pedal

John

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=8681.msg103053#msg103053 date=1217880570]
Was down at dunlop too watching that absolute gobshite in the 106, was full sure he was gonna roll it.

Myself & nic were there from early so headed on in the early afternoon, saw duffmans fiat on the way out but didn't see you boys.

We were out with Dan in the morning session, did a bit of pit-crewing for him & got a spin for our troubles, he's still as mad as ever on the track :lol:
[/quote]

brain you funny fooker but i cant argue ,fiat did make it and any part i have brought for it so far came from a fiat dealer and was in a fiat sealed bag,how sh*t is that

johnnys and philips looked good but werent giving much away for the next round,i cant wait to sort out the handling on the scooby and get back out there

She was built with the heart though johnny, thats what makes it so special. Even left hand drive & built by fiat I'd still buy it in the morning if I had the money :thumbsup:

Was the gold civic still running through the afternoon sessions? That was one well sorted Civic, I clocked it at 2min 6secs

Great Video and pics,have to say it sound great on full chat ,does not sound that good in side . Car is well sorted now (JOMO) :subaru: doing what i want it to do.. Had a problem with over boosting all day (waste gate spring)given up after two years of hard graft and had to keep the revs down will be sorted for next round..

Philip..

i had a gr8 day down there i must say had major driveshaft trouble all day finally snapped at the end of the second last session of the day so couldnt complain had gr8 fun wreckin it until it finally gave in get :D a few bits and pieces 2 do to her now before the next 1 a silencer for the exhaust is 1 thing we need as we where tested y'day and are over the noise level allowed and was told to have it sorted for the next 1 then it looks like it could be goin in2 hidin for the winter for some major surgery ;)

Great day alright!
I had the skyline out for 2 sessions with pirelli p6000 front and SNOW tyres on the back! :lol: Some craic, The back of the car nd along the spoiler had lots of rubber residue on them :lol: The first time out was mostly drifting and the second was trying to go as fast as I could, Great dice with a black classic! It was imossible to drive fast though!
Had the forester out for one session, I was only having the craic in her, flicking her though corners getting her fully sideways with full opposite lock on two ocassions!
She turns in much better since Johnny (JOMO) worked his magic on the suspension geometry,
And she didn't miss a beat running smooth and hard with problems,
Roll on the 25 august, (dtdirl trackday) :headbanger:
Dan

Not much left on them know johnny! :lol:
Most of them is a black bitty residue on the spoiler and boot! :lol:
Dan

Hey like the Vid of MY EVO :icon_nana: first time i have heard it going from outside the car :multijump:

[quote author=THE BOM3 link=topic=8681.msg104552#msg104552 date=1218230625]
Hey like the Vid of MY EVO :icon_nana: first time i have heard it going from outside the car :multijump:
[/quote]

no bother mate got hit by a crap load off rubber and dirt doing that vid from how close you got to the pit wall :049:

[quote author=keith555 link=topic=8681.msg104594#msg104594 date=1218257803]
[quote author=THE BOM3 link=topic=8681.msg104552#msg104552 date=1218230625]
[/quote]

no bother mate got hit by a crap load off rubber and dirt doing that vid from how close you got to the pit wall :049:
[/quote]

Ha ha say that alright have rubbed the wing mirror off it before was interesting Ha Ha

[quote author=kanye from the west link=topic=8681.msg104577#msg104577 date=1218239685]
GET HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Have to catch me first HA HA :mooner:

Back